Kids are going to be disappointed

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I bought $75 in cheesecake factory giftcards during black Friday .Anyway they've been begging me for days to go and i promised them we'd go eat i side etc...but holy crap...everything on their menu is SO expensive..they've raised the prices AGAIN ...so now I'm like nope ....take out it is....drinks and tip is another 30 bucks on our bill...I can save 30 dollars by just ordering our food to go....the 75 dollars isnt even going to cover our takeout bill ....appetizers adult entrees for 3 is more than 75 dollars....it'll likely be $110.

I feel bad though...i promised them a sit down restaurant experience...so do i order it to go and save money or keep my promise and just put the extra on my credit card (i really don't want to do that )
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Why wouldnt you eat inside and just not buy drinks... they do have water you know. Just don't get appetizers, get three entrees and use the rest to tip. I always tip when I pick up anyway since takeout still requires a lot of work from the staff.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'd fit cheesecake factory into my budget. Like Oli said, skip the appetizers and drink water. Water is better for you than soda anyway. You can feed three people for less than 25 dollars each there - maybe twice.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think I am raising introverts, 2 of my 3 children prefer take-out, (but we do tip for that too, so it's not cheap). All I have to say is, "hey we can all eat in front of the TV for a movie night" and I've got all 3 ready, LOL!

But if you want the full experience, tell them to wait a few months, and save up!
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m sure there are lower priced items on the menu. Tell them before you go that everyone is having water.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Ummm no thanx when we go out to eat we do not like drinking water.My kids love their lemonades and they love their fried mac n cheese appetizer so that wouldn't work for my family
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Go at lunchtime when there are cheaper entrees.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Water, no apps
I’ve never eaten at a Cheesecake Factory. Or if you don’t like water with it, put it on a C C and pay it off next week
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:36 pm Ummm no thanx when we go out to eat we do not like drinking water.My kids love their lemonades and they love their fried mac n cheese appetizer so that wouldn't work for my family
They aren't getting their lemonade if you bring it home either...so get the mac and cheese and a cheaper entree. It would work for your family, but you are choosing not to and lying to your kids.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:50 pm Water, no apps
I’ve never eaten at a Cheesecake Factory. Or if you don’t like water with it, put it on a C C and pay it off next week

The one near us is 10-15 per plate and they serve sandwiches, pizzas, salads. Nothing crazy. Not sure why OP can't feed three people with 75 dollars there, even if they all got lemonades. Heck, they could order two pizzas for 13 each to split between the three of them and still have almost 50 dollars left for appetizers and lemonades.
Locked Previous topicNext topic