Aldi's food is disgusting.

Anonymous 3

Unread post

I’m not familiar with your usage of the word favor. At first I thought typo and you meant flavor. But you used it twice.

I’ve never been to an Aldi’s. Do they only sell their store brand?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I love aldi. The nacho chips are better than doritos, there cheese its are better than name brand. We love the stuffed chicken breasts.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:17 am Cue all the people who love Aldi, lol.

I'm a fan of their fruits, vegetables, and a few other things myself. I don't buy the meat but other people seem to be able to get good meat from Aldi in other areas so maybe things vary by location.
I'll get meat there but their produce is terrible at the ones around here. They've got Angus beef now. It's pretty good.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’m a part of a large Aldi group on Facebook and I don’t understand the entire hype. It’s okay for something things.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:31 am Like any grocery store, it's got products I like & others I don't. But I can say the same thing about Whole foods, LOL...

I am scared to buy their meat.
It's fine and better than Sam's club. I've brought home ground meat from there to find it brown in the center. I also like their eggs and produce
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:58 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:31 am Like any grocery store, it's got products I like & others I don't. But I can say the same thing about Whole foods, LOL...

I am scared to buy their meat.
It's fine and better than Sam's club. I've brought home ground meat from there to find it brown in the center. I also like their eggs and produce
Seriously?I buy a fair amount of meat from the wholesale club, both Costco and Sam's and have never had that experience. I just can't bring myself to buy at Aldi's, it's irrational.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Rebeccaraev2 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:51 pm I’m a part of a large Aldi group on Facebook and I don’t understand the entire hype. It’s okay for something things.
LOL, they got a group for everything!
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:39 am
Bubbs wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:23 am Depends on what you buy.
I don’t buy everything there, but lots of things are good and I save $$
I'll spend the extra dollar and buy the brand that is fit for human consumption. I'm not that poor.
Everyone likes different things
If you don’t enjoy their food, then don’t shop there 🤷🏾‍♀️
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I thought the same as you! Then my sons pediatrician told us our son was under weight and suggested things to get him to gain-one of them was hummus—so knowing he loves pumpkin pie we gave it a whirl and OMG so good! The chocolate is like an uncooked brownie batter. If you didn’t know it was chickpeas you wouldn’t know that’s what you’re eating.

► Show Spoiler
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:35 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:54 am I’m not a fan of anything but their chocolate hummus and pumpkin pie hummus. Otherwise I am a brand snob who uses coupons at the national chains.
I am glad you like them, but just reading the description, chocolate and pumpkin hummus or aka pureed beans, does not make me want to run out there and purchase it, lol. I am too caught in savory versions I guess.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:41 am They are very hit or miss on boxed goods and I've never found good meats and produce, though ive heard that varies by location. I greatly prefer Lidl, same business model, very cheap prices, with much higher quality products.
We have a really good Aldi by me and a Lidl across the street. I actually like them both equally. I don't really go to either on a regular basis though.
Locked Previous topicNext topic