Aldi's food is disgusting.

Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh, they also have some kind of red wine with an owl on it that we put in the crockpot for new year's eve and served in glasses with cinnamon sticks in them and I never tasted any drink so good as that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bubbs wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:23 am Depends on what you buy.
I don’t buy everything there, but lots of things are good and I save $$
I'll spend the extra dollar and buy the brand that is fit for human consumption. I'm not that poor.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They are very hit or miss on boxed goods and I've never found good meats and produce, though ive heard that varies by location. I greatly prefer Lidl, same business model, very cheap prices, with much higher quality products.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 am Opened a bag of chips and itwas favored with poison!
Okay, you can dial back the drama just a little bit. Now you just know you're don't wanna shop at Aldi's
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I shop there once a week but generally for basics. I've never tried their brand of prepared foods but we don't eat prepared food products. I also don't purchase their veggies because I don't like that they are packaged. I really like their cheese selection and love the prices.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I’m not a fan of anything but their chocolate hummus and pumpkin pie hummus. Otherwise I am a brand snob who uses coupons at the national chains.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

I've been to two in my area. I was unimpressed with both. I want selection and variety. Aldies had neither. And their prices weren't any better than Kroger's. I'm also not impressed with Trader Joe's. Not a fan at all.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was very put off by the last Aldi I went to. The clientele made me feel like a drug bust would be going down at any time. I haven't been to one since, so I don't know of the one by me now is any different.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:31 pm I was very put off by the last Aldi I went to. The clientele made me feel like a drug bust would be going down at any time. I haven't been to one since, so I don't know of the one by me now is any different.
LoL.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Msprekteacher wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:54 am I’m not a fan of anything but their chocolate hummus and pumpkin pie hummus. Otherwise I am a brand snob who uses coupons at the national chains.
I am glad you like them, but just reading the description, chocolate and pumpkin hummus or aka pureed beans, does not make me want to run out there and purchase it, lol. I am too caught in savory versions I guess.
Locked Previous topicNext topic