How many books will you read in 2020?

bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't do book challenges. I read a lot but I read what I like and I read when I have time at a pace that seems fitting for the book I'm reading. Book challenges just make me feel like I need to hurry up and get through my current book just to up my numbers. I read to enjoy the book not to bump up my numbers.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:16 am I've read 5 already this year. I tried to join that but it won't count books read before I join the challenge.
I think it should. As long as you put the finish date as 2020. I know entered books before I joined the challenge and it counted them!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:20 am I don't do book challenges. I read a lot but I read what I like and I read when I have time at a pace that seems fitting for the book I'm reading. Book challenges just make me feel like I need to hurry up and get through my current book just to up my numbers. I read to enjoy the book not to bump up my numbers.
That makes sense. This is the first year, I am doing a challenge, but I have used good reads to record my book reviews and ratings for a good while!
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A series I follow releases 2 a year. But other then that I don’t do much reading.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:46 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:22 pm0
I think you should challenge yourself to read ONE book. There's got to be one topic that you want to read about or listen to, right?
I don't have time to sit around and read
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:27 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:46 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:22 pm0
I think you should challenge yourself to read ONE book. There's got to be one topic that you want to read about or listen to, right?
I don't have time to sit around and read
Audiobooks count too!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:09 am Who knows...I'm working on a few right now. I've read about 7 so far already. I'm ready Twelve Years A Slave right now and it's a hard read so that one might take me a few weeks to get through just due to the emotional level of it. That is why I have a few books going at once is so I can read something lighthearted as well to offset the brutality of slavery.
I do this on occasion too.

Do you track all the books you read on Good Reads? You should!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No.. I don't really like goodreads very much. I have found it to be "eh" for me. I don't really track my books. I only know I've read 7 because I just finished them and they are on my Nook library at the top which means I just read them..and several were a series that I blew through.

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:37 am
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:09 am Who knows...I'm working on a few right now. I've read about 7 so far already. I'm ready Twelve Years A Slave right now and it's a hard read so that one might take me a few weeks to get through just due to the emotional level of it. That is why I have a few books going at once is so I can read something lighthearted as well to offset the brutality of slavery.

Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fair enough! Happy reading :)
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:10 am No.. I don't really like goodreads very much. I have found it to be "eh" for me. I don't really track my books. I only know I've read 7 because I just finished them and they are on my Nook library at the top which means I just read them..and several were a series that I blew through.

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:37 am

Anonymous 7

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:23 am
bmw29 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:20 am I don't do book challenges. I read a lot but I read what I like and I read when I have time at a pace that seems fitting for the book I'm reading. Book challenges just make me feel like I need to hurry up and get through my current book just to up my numbers. I read to enjoy the book not to bump up my numbers.
That makes sense. This is the first year, I am doing a challenge, but I have used good reads to record my book reviews and ratings for a good while!
My younger brother and my tween son follow each other on good reads 😂. They actually do have book recommendations for each other - mostly stuff that’s similar to Percy Jackson and Harry Potter!
Locked Previous topicNext topic