LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:19 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:23 am
bmw29 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:20 am I don't do book challenges. I read a lot but I read what I like and I read when I have time at a pace that seems fitting for the book I'm reading. Book challenges just make me feel like I need to hurry up and get through my current book just to up my numbers. I read to enjoy the book not to bump up my numbers.
That makes sense. This is the first year, I am doing a challenge, but I have used good reads to record my book reviews and ratings for a good while!
My younger brother and my tween son follow each other on good reads πŸ˜‚. They actually do have book recommendations for each other - mostly stuff that’s similar to Percy Jackson and Harry Potter!
It's a family friendly site, for sure! Oh, yes, I think teachers use it to have middle & high school students sign up. I don't really follow anyone except the people I was already linked up with on FaceBook, since I used that to sign in. In hindsight, I sort of with I had made a separate account, as I don't like that my employers can see what I read, not that I am reading anything scandolous, IDK, I just like my hobby to be private to work BUT I don't want to lose records of what I have read or my reviews, so I just set things as private, changed my user name and move along.

The site itself makes recommendations for me on occasion and will send you chat request with authors or book previews sometimes too. I just like it, but I know a lot people are into that at all, and that's cool too.
Lilysma719
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: ↑Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:23 pm
Lilysma719 wrote: ↑Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:21 pm A lot. I've already read 2 or 3 and started on another one.
Did you sign up for the challenge? You totally should, so you can track your books!
I didn't, but I should so that I can keep track of my books. I can't even tell you how many times I have started a book, only to realize that I've already read it. It wouldn't help me for what I've read in the last twenty years, but you've got to start somewhere. Lol
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:20 am I don't do book challenges. I read a lot but I read what I like and I read when I have time at a pace that seems fitting for the book I'm reading. Book challenges just make me feel like I need to hurry up and get through my current book just to up my numbers. I read to enjoy the book not to bump up my numbers.
That makes sense. This is the first year, I am doing a challenge, but I have used good reads to record my book reviews and ratings for a good while!
I'm not on Good Reads but I set a reading goal on my Kindle.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mt kindle is connected to my goodreads account so my books and reviews get recorded too. I like goodreads just not the challenges. I also really love the website Fantastic Fiction.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Just kids book to my kiddo nothing for myself.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:01 pm Just kids book to my kiddo nothing for myself.
No, come on, pledge ONE, at least one. Do an audio book.

Books are AWESOME!
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Well, thanks. I now have my good reads account all set up, my books recorded, and a goal of 40 books put in. :)
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:08 pm
Fullxbusymom wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:01 pm Just kids book to my kiddo nothing for myself.

Books are AWESOME!
They're I simply do not have time. I am a single mom of 4 work two jobs and barely have enough time to get 5hrs of sleep a day after work, kids activities, homework, housework etc.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I never keep track of how many books I read but I love reading. And sometimes when I’m alone at work I like listening to an audiobook. Other people like listening to music. I like books.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:11 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: ↑Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:08 pm

Books are AWESOME!
They're I simply do not have time. I am a single mom of 4 work two jobs and barely have enough time to get 5hrs of sleep a day after work, kids activities, homework, housework etc.
*smiles* feel the peer pressure, one audio book while cleaning house?? noo?

I'll leave you alone now, I promist.
Locked Previous topicNext topic