Do you buy your kids stuff at Lush?

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:01 pm
Nopeville wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:51 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:14 pm What the f**k happened to a good ole fashion bubble bath. Do we really need kids to be covered in glitter and smelling like whores?
What exactly do whores smell like? My kids have been allergic to almost every bubble bath we've ever tried. They break out in rashes. Whatever Lush uses in their bath bombs, that has never happened. So, we're gonna go with the glitter and whore scent, I guess.
A lot like Lush...and Bath and Body Works.....and that god awful perfume stand in Macy's.
You know just plain soap works too if bubble baths are too much. I know it's for the "fun" of it but really if it's being done so often your kid has a Lush habit, they're gonna smell like the whores. It's all a gimmick anyhow.
I am not a Lush fan but it has been around for 25 years so it's not really a gimmick at all.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:27 pm
xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:07 pm I do. My kids enjoy going there and picking out their shampoo and conditioner bars.
I have tried the shampoo bars but I can’t figure out how to use them without tangling the crap out of my long hair.
Ah, I don't have that problem, but I don't think my hair tangles easily. Although, now that's it's almost to the middle of my back I can definitely tell it's tangling easier. I only wash my scalp with shampoo to get the oils off, otherwise the ends get too crispy lol
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:14 am
mcginnisc wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:17 pm Umm.. what is Lush?
Yeah umm...this.
It's a store that sells bath, skin and hair products. You can smell the store before you even see it and it has a very distinct scent.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:58 pm
mojogirl wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:55 pm Nope. Too many chemicals.
Are there any products you recommend that aren't chemical laden?
Lush products are made from almost all natural ingredients, with limited synthetics. The only synthetics they use have been tested and they use way below the legal limit. Literally everything is made from chemicals, water is a chemical. It's all about figuring out which ones are safe.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:07 pm I do. My kids enjoy going there and picking out their shampoo and conditioner bars.
I have tried the shampoo bars but I can’t figure out how to use them without tangling the crap out of my long hair.
Lather the bar into your palm and then massage the foam into your hair and scalp, starting at the scalp.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Nopeville wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:43 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:34 pm

That’s cool. How do you make them?
I use silicon molds. Then you just mix critic acid(makes it fizz) epsom salt,baking soda, coconut oil, a scent and a color. You can also had glitter or sprinkles to make it pretty. I make that bath salts and sugar scrubs. It’s what I give teachers at Christmas and end of year. They all have loved them and comment on them after we’re now longer in their class.
Do you have an actual recipe? My kids would bankrupt me at Lush, left to their own devices.
I'll add to make sure to use biodegradable glitter, so it's safe to go down the drain.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:47 am
Lather the bar into your palm and then massage the foam into your hair and scalp, starting at the scalp.
Yup, that's what I do.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A lot of what I buy comes from vendors at my farmers market who are using all natural ingredients and make in small batches. I'm a big believer in buying local. OM Botanical makes some fabulous products and are available on Amazon. My facial regimen is from a one-woman shop called Wild House.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:26 am
A lot of what I buy comes from vendors at my farmers market who are using all natural ingredients and make in small batches. I'm a big believer in buying local. OM Botanical makes some fabulous products and are available on Amazon. My facial regimen is from a one-woman shop called Wild House.
Thank you. I will look into that.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:20 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:01 pm
Nopeville wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:51 pm

What exactly do whores smell like? My kids have been allergic to almost every bubble bath we've ever tried. They break out in rashes. Whatever Lush uses in their bath bombs, that has never happened. So, we're gonna go with the glitter and whore scent, I guess.
A lot like Lush...and Bath and Body Works.....and that god awful perfume stand in Macy's.
You know just plain soap works too if bubble baths are too much. I know it's for the "fun" of it but really if it's being done so often your kid has a Lush habit, they're gonna smell like the whores. It's all a gimmick anyhow.
I am not a Lush fan but it has been around for 25 years so it's not really a gimmick at all.
Gimmick
noun
a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity, or business.

Fruit shaped soaps and scented bath bombs is a total gimmick. One could argue it's a successful gimmick, but a gimmick nonetheless.
Locked Previous topicNext topic