Do you buy your kids stuff at Lush?

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:26 am
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:58 pm
mojogirl wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:55 pm Nope. Too many chemicals.
Are there any products you recommend that aren't chemical laden?
A lot of what I buy comes from vendors at my farmers market who are using all natural ingredients and make in small batches. I'm a big believer in buying local. OM Botanical makes some fabulous products and are available on Amazon. My facial regimen is from a one-woman shop called Wild House.
Most of lushs products are all natural. They only use synthetic if needed and if it's safe. For example, they use synthetic mica instead of natural mica because natural mica mines use child labor and synthetic mica has the same chemical compound as natural. Looking at OM Botanical, their ingredients look pretty much the same as lush.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:53 am
MistressMonster wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:58 pm

Are there any products you recommend that aren't chemical laden?
A lot of what I buy comes from vendors at my farmers market who are using all natural ingredients and make in small batches. I'm a big believer in buying local. OM Botanical makes some fabulous products and are available on Amazon. My facial regimen is from a one-woman shop called Wild House.
Most of lushs products are all natural. They only use synthetic if needed and if it's safe. For example, they use synthetic mica instead of natural mica because natural mica mines use child labor and synthetic mica has the same chemical compound as natural. Looking at OM Botanical, their ingredients look pretty much the same as lush.
I'm not judging those who use those types of products. If you like them, by all means use them.

But you can't say "all natural" and "they only use synthetics" in the same sentence. It's not all natural if it contains synthetics, dyes, perservatives, etc. And I couldn't find anything on their website that says organic so even the natural ingredients they are using are produced with pesticides.

You buy what you like and I'll buy what I like.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:15 am

I'm not judging those who use those types of products. If you like them, by all means use them.

But you can't say "all natural" and "they only use synthetics" in the same sentence. It's not all natural if it contains synthetics, dyes, perservatives, etc. And I couldn't find anything on their website that says organic so even the natural ingredients they are using are produced with pesticides.

Which is why I said "almost all natural" and gave an example of why they would use a synthetic. They use few preservatives and the ones they do use are natural. Most of their dyes are natural. I'm not saying you have to shop there, buy what you want, I think you are just being misleading about them as a company and that could influence others decisions, so I'm stating what I know about them. Many of lushs products are labeled organic. By the way, just because it has an organic label does not mean it wasn't grown with pesticides. The legal rules for labeling organic are very flexible.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My daughter loves the bath bombs. That's the only thing I buy from Lush.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:01 pm
Nopeville wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:51 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:14 pm What the f**k happened to a good ole fashion bubble bath. Do we really need kids to be covered in glitter and smelling like whores?
What exactly do whores smell like? My kids have been allergic to almost every bubble bath we've ever tried. They break out in rashes. Whatever Lush uses in their bath bombs, that has never happened. So, we're gonna go with the glitter and whore scent, I guess.
A lot like Lush...and Bath and Body Works.....and that god awful perfume stand in Macy's.
You know just plain soap works too if bubble baths are too much. I know it's for the "fun" of it but really if it's being done so often your kid has a Lush habit, they're gonna smell like the whores. It's all a gimmick anyhow.
Again, what does a whore smell like?
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:48 am
mojogirl wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:15 am

Which is why I said "almost all natural" and gave an example of why they would use a synthetic. They use few preservatives and the ones they do use are natural. Most of their dyes are natural. I'm not saying you have to shop there, buy what you want, I think you are just being misleading about them as a company and that could influence others decisions, so I'm stating what I know about them. Many of lushs products are labeled organic. By the way, just because it has an organic label does not mean it wasn't grown with pesticides. The legal rules for labeling organic are very flexible.
Thanks for the info.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Nope, never even heard of it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic