I told her so, I told her so

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

DH and I got engaged 3 months after we started dating. Granted, we had to wait a year and a half to get married, but itโ€™s 24 years later and weโ€™re still together and happy.
Pjmm wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:10 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:54 pm I can't stand people with that whole "told you so" mentality.
Get the f**k over yourself, friend!๐Ÿ–•
Me either. There have been married couples that married quickly and live happily. I wouldn't do it myself but not every man who marries quickly is a user. Hindsight is 20/20.
โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ืขืžืณ ื™ืฉืจืืœ ื—ื™ ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ฑโค๏ธ
Anonymous 5

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:53 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:49 pm Im just posting on here because I don't want to be a total bitch and say it to her face.

37 year old friend with two kids meet a guy 41 years old - falls in love, he proposes within 6 months of meeting.
She knows little to nothing about him, no real family, no friends, claims no past wives or children.

Marry he moves into her rental with her and her kids, quickly impregnates her twice in two years.
Now she's 40 with 2 babies and 2 tweens. in a two bedroom rental.

She talks to me like they are on track to buy a house - they are house shopping, they are mortgage shopping.
Push comes to shove, he can't get a mortgage - she doesn't tell me details. She gets the mortgage in her name after a hefty DP from her parents.

I said listen, you've invested a lot in this this guy in 3 years, maybe you need to find out more about him.
no no no he's awesome.

He now wants to adopt her two older children, even though their father is still semi in the picture (doesn't live close, not a good visitor, but pays child support without fail).

I tell her its a mistake, she tells me she knows what she's doing.

She is now 43 years old, mortgage, 4 kids , all either naturally or through adoption with this guy - and he leaves. disappears into the night. She files a missing person report, they locate him, he's not in any harm but they can't tell her where he is, but only that he's confirmed okay.

She can't afford her mortgage , she can't afford her bills, she has zero child support now, and no hope of getting any , anytime soon (legal system works slow).

She claims she has no idea what happened he was there they were happy and he's gone the next.

Six years she was with this man and went all in with him despite all the red flags popping up over and over and over.

I'm being supportive, because that's what she needs but dang girl.. I TOLD YOU SO
All four kids are biologically hers according to the 1st paragraph. So which kids did she adopt? Man trolls who can' keep their story straight in their first post really suck.
Reading comprehension. She said he adapted her two oldest kids. Not her.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:55 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:24 pm

All four kids are biologically hers according to the 1st paragraph. So which kids did she adopt? Man trolls who can' keep their story straight in their first post really suck.
You missed the bit about guy wanting to adopt older kids. So All 4 kids are hers and her spouse adopted the older two before he up and disappeared so she no longer gets child support form the father/s of the 2 older children. The timeline is all screwed up though. We know she filed a missing person's report but have been given no indication of how long it was until they found him or how long it's been since.
Honestly it sounds a bit rushed and unless he was the only one with access to the accounts there is no reason she shouldn't be able to cover some of the expenses until the legal system steps in despite how slowly they work.
Yeah, I get that. But courts generally don't let steps adopt kids if there is an active father and I would think that the courts would include paying child support as being active. Of course, it's all too convenient for this drama for the kid's dad to roll over and allow his ex's new husband to adopt his kids so he doesn't have to pay child support. So much of this screams troll.
My brother did that. Let his ex wife new dh adopt his two teen daughters so he didn't have to pay child support
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I don't believe they couldn't tell her where he was. This story seems fishy
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:16 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:49 pm Im just posting on here because I don't want to be a total bitch and say it to her face.

37 year old friend with two kids meet a guy 41 years old - falls in love, he proposes within 6 months of meeting.
She knows little to nothing about him, no real family, no friends, claims no past wives or children.

Marry he moves into her rental with her and her kids, quickly impregnates her twice in two years.
Now she's 40 with 2 babies and 2 tweens. in a two bedroom rental.

She talks to me like they are on track to buy a house - they are house shopping, they are mortgage shopping.
Push comes to shove, he can't get a mortgage - she doesn't tell me details. She gets the mortgage in her name after a hefty DP from her parents.

I said listen, you've invested a lot in this this guy in 3 years, maybe you need to find out more about him.
no no no he's awesome.

He now wants to adopt her two older children, even though their father is still semi in the picture (doesn't live close, not a good visitor, but pays child support without fail).

I tell her its a mistake, she tells me she knows what she's doing.

She is now 43 years old, mortgage, 4 kids , all either naturally or through adoption with this guy - and he leaves. disappears into the night. She files a missing person report, they locate him, he's not in any harm but they can't tell her where he is, but only that he's confirmed okay.

She can't afford her mortgage , she can't afford her bills, she has zero child support now, and no hope of getting any , anytime soon (legal system works slow).

She claims she has no idea what happened he was there they were happy and he's gone the next.

Six years she was with this man and went all in with him despite all the red flags popping up over and over and over.

I'm being supportive, because that's what she needs but dang girl.. I TOLD YOU SO
but why would she word it like that either naturally or by adoption through this other guy all four of those kids are biologically hers that's where the confusion is because whether he adopted the other two children or not she still would have had four children. It makes it seem like her friend adopted children
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Because all 4 of her children are legally his children. It leaves her with no means of obtaining child support since this guy has disappeared into the night.

I don't know whether it's true or not, but it's not hard to follow.
OBXPrincess wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 am

but why would she word it like that either naturally or by adoption through this other guy all four of those kids are biologically hers that's where the confusion is because whether he adopted the other two children or not she still would have had four children. It makes it seem like her friend adopted children
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My dh proposed after 3 months married in 6. We've been married 16 years.
I never would have thought it possible but sometimes you just know.
He was just a scrub.
i want candy!
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:45 am Because all 4 of her children are legally his children. It leaves her with no means of obtaining child support since this guy has disappeared into the night.

I don't know whether it's true or not, but it's not hard to follow.
OBXPrincess wrote: โ†‘Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:17 am

I fully understand that, I can comprehend exactly what the post is about and what it says but it's weird the way that she worded it because it makes it seem like SHE adopted children not him. all she had to do was say now she has four kids with no means of being able to take care of them and then there would be no confusion ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿคท
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wait!! Why was he allowed to adopt her other kids, if their dad is still kind of in the picture? Did he sign over his rights? I'm sorry, but I don't believe this. I don't see why a man would sign over the rights to his kids, to let someone he doesn't know adopt them...

JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:33 pm DH and I got engaged 3 months after we started dating. Granted, we had to wait a year and a half to get married, but itโ€™s 24 years later and weโ€™re still together and happy.
Pjmm wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:10 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: โ†‘Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:54 pm I can't stand people with that whole "told you so" mentality.
Get the f**k over yourself, friend!๐Ÿ–•
Me either. There have been married couples that married quickly and live happily. I wouldn't do it myself but not every man who marries quickly is a user. Hindsight is 20/20.
While I agree that there are couples who met, marry quickly and have successful marriages, I think if there are children involved you tap the brakes and slow it down. It is one thing if you are on your own and entirely a different story when you are responsible for the emotional and physical well-being of a child.
Locked Previous topicNext topic