Instant Pot post?

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My youngest dd's favorite thing is crack chicken. It is from ketoqueens.com. It is super easy, but as it is keto, it is high fat as well. I don't make it very often as it is so rich, but it's pretty tasty. It takes about 15 minutes after the instant pot comes to pressure to cook.
I have a few cookbooks, but the best recipes are online IMO. I have a few I use from allrecipes, but if you put in instant pot recipes into google, you will find a million of them. ;-)
I'm making potato soup in mine today, and then I will make yogurt in it tomorrow or Wednesday. I love my instant pot.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:17 am My youngest dd's favorite thing is crack chicken. It is from ketoqueens.com. It is super easy, but as it is keto, it is high fat as well. I don't make it very often as it is so rich, but it's pretty tasty. It takes about 15 minutes after the instant pot comes to pressure to cook.
I have a few cookbooks, but the best recipes are online IMO. I have a few I use from allrecipes, but if you put in instant pot recipes into google, you will find a million of them. ;-)
I'm making potato soup in mine today, and then I will make yogurt in it tomorrow or Wednesday. I love my instant pot.
Let me know how it turns out? My MIL has an AMAZING!! baked potato soup recipe, but it's kind of labor intensive. I was looking up last night if we'd be able to convert it to IP recipe, and how.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Rosehawk wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:45 am
mcginnisc wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:17 am My youngest dd's favorite thing is crack chicken. It is from ketoqueens.com. It is super easy, but as it is keto, it is high fat as well. I don't make it very often as it is so rich, but it's pretty tasty. It takes about 15 minutes after the instant pot comes to pressure to cook.
Let me know how it turns out? My MIL has an AMAZING!! baked potato soup recipe, but it's kind of labor intensive. I was looking up last night if we'd be able to convert it to IP recipe, and how.
If you are willing to. Post it in the FB IP group. Many times there will be someone willing to convert it for IP. I did see there was a pinned loaded baked potato soup yesterday in the group.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Not too bad! I had not used this recipe before so I tried it. My only issue is the bacon does not cook well as it does not get crisp. I will cook the bacon separately from now on in order to crisp it and then add the grease and onions into the pot to cook and then go forward from there.
Here is the one I used: https://www.simplyhappyfoodie.com/insta ... tato-soup/
I also cooked more bacon to crumble on top and then Dh and I both added hot sauce and shredded cheddar to it. I didn't have any scallions or else I would have put those on top as well.

Rosehawk wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:45 am
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic