Do you hide certain things from people?

Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:58 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:15 pm It is so sad that struggles with mood, depression and mental health are still so difficult for people to make public. I understand the reasons, just wish as a culture we had more compassion and acceptance of the range of human experience.
I've been a lot more open about my mental health struggles in the last couple of years but I still don't share everything. For some reason I have a hard time sharing my OCD diagnosis with some people. I was diagnosed last May and I still haven't told most people. I don't know why.
Because they don’t get it.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, sometimes people don't need to know stuff.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Vegaswife2011 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:35 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:15 pm It is so sad that struggles with mood, depression and mental health are still so difficult for people to make public. I understand the reasons, just wish as a culture we had more compassion and acceptance of the range of human experience.
I've been a lot more open about my mental health struggles in the last couple of years but I still don't share everything. For some reason I have a hard time sharing my OCD diagnosis with some people. I was diagnosed last May and I still haven't told most people. I don't know why.
That's true. Most people don't understand what OCD truly is. They think it's washing your hands and cleaning all the time and that's only a very small percentage of people who have OCD.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:01 pm

That's true. Most people don't understand what OCD truly is. They think it's washing your hands and cleaning all the time and that's only a very small percentage of people who have OCD.
I know. That’s why I don’t tell anyone either.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Dylexsmommy wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:53 pm Absolutely.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yep.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm not that extreme in either direction. I wouldn't say I go out of my way to hide anything, but I also don't go out of my way to volunteer information people don't need to know. All people don't need to know all about my life at all times, and I am completely certain that most people don't want to. There is such a thing as too much information. My husband and my best friend are the only two people in my life who get to know everything about me.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes. Some things about myself and my life are private and none of anyone else’s business.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I get you. My best friend has it. She won't go to counseling. It makes her life very difficult and makes her a challenge to live with many times. It's very sad to watch someone struggle with that, how complex seemingly simple things become for the sufferer. Best of luck and I hope you find a great counselor and a treatment plan that works. ❤
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:40 am
I get you. My best friend has it. She won't go to counseling. It makes her life very difficult and makes her a challenge to live with many times. It's very sad to watch someone struggle with that, how complex seemingly simple things become for the sufferer. Best of luck and I hope you find a great counselor and a treatment plan that works. ❤
Thanks! I have a great counselor. Last year was a constant shit storm for me and my family but I'm looking forward to better things in 2020. Things are already getting better and I'm doing my best to move forward and find my passion. Some new opportunities have opened up for me
Locked Previous topicNext topic