Do you hide certain things from people?

Anonymous 4

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:15 pm It is so sad that struggles with mood, depression and mental health are still so difficult for people to make public. I understand the reasons, just wish as a culture we had more compassion and acceptance of the range of human experience.
It is. It's taken my family years to even try to come to understanding. I've been told all kinds of things. FLush it, let it go, get over it, you're an attention seeker, you're lazy, you're crazy, etc. It's hurtful and undermines recovery. It's also embarrassing.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I'm an open book to my dh & kids but I hide from every one else that my dh is abusive. Every one thinks hes the greatest husband ever.
Linda_Runs
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I am an open book to those I really and dearly personally trust. While I am open on this site, the chapters I share are anything I would tell any stranger anywhere. Some very fine members have over-shared and been bashed for their content.
noitsmebecky
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I'm private about some things, open about other. It depends on the time, place and situation.
“Nevertheless, she persisted.”
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yes, everyone in my life doesn't need to know everything about my life. The only person who knows everything is my husband. I don't hide anything from him. Everyone else, I'm selective about what I share.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:15 pm It is so sad that struggles with mood, depression and mental health are still so difficult for people to make public. I understand the reasons, just wish as a culture we had more compassion and acceptance of the range of human experience.
I've been a lot more open about my mental health struggles in the last couple of years but I still don't share everything. For some reason I have a hard time sharing my OCD diagnosis with some people. I was diagnosed last May and I still haven't told most people. I don't know why.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I’m not an open book at all.
No one needs or wants to know everything about me. My trust level with people is very low.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I am an open book to only two people in my life, but even then, there are pages they will never get to read.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I dont tell my business to every tom, dick and harry
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Only my DH knows how bad my depression is and that I think about suicide a lot.
Locked Previous topicNext topic