What would you do if this was your child and nanny?

That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:10 pm
That'swhatshesaid wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:47 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:10 pm

I never said it was ok, but I can’t believe you think it’s surprising. Let’s change the context to a family business where mom and dad hire people and children are often present. You don’t think those children tell mom and dad “Jane didn’t charge her friend for ice cream,” or “Joe was sleeping in the back room when he was supposed to be out front.” Being realistic doesn’t make me an asshole.
That's not even remotely the same and you know it. A child telling someone they will be fired is bratty disrespectful behavior and if you think that's okay, yes you are an asshole.
Once again, I never said I thought it was ok, and I don’t think it’s normal for a child to directly tell someone she’s going to be fired. What I absolutely think is normal is telling your parents to fire the nanny. And because I pretty much know it’s normal to tell your parents to fire the nanny, I’m not surprised some kid tried to tell his nanny she was fired. And I’m pretty sure the nanny completely overreacted based on this post. It wasn’t racially motivated and she addressed the child as though it was.
That's not what the original post was about. You're the one who twisted around and is trying to make it sound like that kind of bratty behavior is normal and acceptable.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:59 am

That's not even remotely the same and you know it. A child telling someone they will be fired is bratty disrespectful behavior and if you think that's okay, yes you are an asshole.
Once again, I never said I thought it was ok, and I don’t think it’s normal for a child to directly tell someone she’s going to be fired. What I absolutely think is normal is telling your parents to fire the nanny. And because I pretty much know it’s normal to tell your parents to fire the nanny, I’m not surprised some kid tried to tell his nanny she was fired. And I’m pretty sure the nanny completely overreacted based on this post. It wasn’t racially motivated and she addressed the child as though it was.
That's not what the original post was about. You're the one who twisted around and is trying to make it sound like that kind of bratty behavior is normal and acceptable.
She is such a weird kind of troll isn't she? Have you seen the EXTREME examples/stories she is trying to use to make this behavior normal!? I'm aw struck
Anonymous 8

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:59 am

I have been a Nanny for 20+years and have never had a child try to get me fired. Same with any other Nanny i know.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

I don't think it was racially motivated, however I completely understand why she would take it as such. However, we don't know what kind of rhetoric that kid is exposed to at home, so maybe...
If I was the nanny I would definitely have a conversation with the parents about his comments and attitude. I would hope the parents take that as a teachable moment and talk to their child. If not, it would be very hard for me to continue to work for them.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:21 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:17 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:59 pm

Even so the child spoke to that nanny inappropriately. It's not his call to threaten her or to say my parents own you. Idc if the nanny is from Mars you don't speak to anyone that way. Why? Because it's extremely rude. My kids had gripes about their babysitters or friends of mine who did indeed take them places. And they didn't mouth off. Instead they came to me and said their piece. Sometimes they're right and i acknowledged it. Sometimes they were wrong. It's one thing to have a legitimate complaint but don't be a turd knocker about it.
My initial response wasn’t at all about how I would handle the child’s behavior. It was about the outrage towards a 6 year old’s behavior, and the child bashing commentary that I was seeing. Six year olds aren’t known for their impulse control....he was wrong, but if the nanny responded with hurt, anger, inappropriate discipline - which it sounds like she did - this was more her issue than his. He’s six for the love of God.
Where did she handle him inappropriately? She spoke to the parents as I would have done. Maybe it's not racial- or maybe it was. Maybe the parents are racists. We have no way of knowing. But I didn't see that she did anything inappropriate to the child. The child is six and also old enough to know better. My kids might have said you can be fired idk but not we own you. I'll give you an example of what i mean. So they knew at six I worked and their father worked too. We worked for other people. So in that six years old mind does that mean our bosses own us? It better not.
She did say that she (the nanny) didn't speak to the child the way she should have so I'm sure she must likely yelled at him and maybe said some other inappropriate things but that's the ONLY thing she MAY have done wrong.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:25 am
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:17 pm

My initial response wasn’t at all about how I would handle the child’s behavior. It was about the outrage towards a 6 year old’s behavior, and the child bashing commentary that I was seeing. Six year olds aren’t known for their impulse control....he was wrong, but if the nanny responded with hurt, anger, inappropriate discipline - which it sounds like she did - this was more her issue than his. He’s six for the love of God.
Where did she handle him inappropriately? She spoke to the parents as I would have done. Maybe it's not racial- or maybe it was. Maybe the parents are racists. We have no way of knowing. But I didn't see that she did anything inappropriate to the child. The child is six and also old enough to know better. My kids might have said you can be fired idk but not we own you. I'll give you an example of what i mean. So they knew at six I worked and their father worked too. We worked for other people. So in that six years old mind does that mean our bosses own us? It better not.
She did say that she (the nanny) didn't speak to the child the way she should have so I'm sure she must likely yelled at him and maybe said some other inappropriate things but that's the ONLY thing she MAY have done wrong.
I truly hope you’re not a parent given your willingness to completely excuse an adult’s poor behavior while gleefully turning a SIX YEAR OLD CHILD into a villain. And if you’re really a nanny you need to find a new job.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:46 am
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:25 am

I truly hope you’re not a parent given your willingness to completely excuse an adult’s poor behavior while gleefully turning a SIX YEAR OLD CHILD into a villain. And if you’re really a nanny you need to find a new job.
nobody is turning a six-year-old child into a villain absolutely nobody but what he said was 100% wrong and he needs to be reprimanded for that. I hope that you're not a parent raising entitled little shit heads like this little punk. My children at 6 years old never I repeat never disrespected in adult like that and I have never in the 20-plus years that I have been a nanny been talked to like that. It is not acceptable all because the little shit didn't get no F***ing ice cream. And what behavior did the adult actually display that was wrong?
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Child would be punished and nanny would be fired.
Anonymous 12

Unread post

It doesn't seem like the child's remark was racially motivated and I can understand and respect that this was hurtful to the nanny. My child would be punished for his disrespectful behavior and would have to write an apology letter to his nanny.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

leadfoot40 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:35 pm Child would be punished and nanny would be fired.
Why would you fire the nanny?
Locked Previous topicNext topic