What would you do if this was your child and nanny?

Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:53 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:45 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:28 pm

In this case no where did it say nanny was instructed to ALWAYS allow the child to choose an ice cream. So no it is NOT even close to the same. Did you even read the screenshots on page 3? The kid said "you have to do whatever i say because my parents own you" 6 years old or not he should know better than to disrespect an adult like that.
😂 have your children never disrespected an adult, including you? My children are generally very good kids, but they certainly aren’t perfect and they’ve even *GASP* disrespected me.
My children have NEVER disrespected an adult in this way. They may have an attitude or huff and puff and even back talk a bit every once in a blue moon but they would NEVER tell someone we employed that we own them and that have to do exactly what they say or they will have them fired. Absolutely not. That is NOT something a normal child does or says.
What do you mean by a “normal” child?
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don’t see it as racial. It was a bratty child looking at the nanny as simply hired help he can control. If it were my kid they’d be writing an apology, and losing privileges for a week.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I don't buy this story for a second but that's because I don't think lying and stirring the pot on racism is anything that should ever be done. It's very popular these days though.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:55 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:45 pm

😂 have your children never disrespected an adult, including you? My children are generally very good kids, but they certainly aren’t perfect and they’ve even *GASP* disrespected me.
My children have NEVER disrespected an adult in this way. They may have an attitude or huff and puff and even back talk a bit every once in a blue moon but they would NEVER tell someone we employed that we own them and that have to do exactly what they say or they will have them fired. Absolutely not. That is NOT something a normal child does or says.
A normal non entitled brat.... It is not NORMAL for a child to say that an adult has to listen to them because their parents own them. And you're completely missing the point everyone is trying to say to you. But i guess that's what troll do. 🤦🤷
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:17 pm

A normal non entitled brat.... It is not NORMAL for a child to say that an adult has to listen to them because their parents own them. And you're completely missing the point everyone is trying to say to you. But i guess that's what troll do. 🤦🤷
My children are polite and respectful, but they are aware that adults aren’t always right. When I was in middle school, I joined a racquetball team. I’ll spare you most of the details, but I was one of I think 3 children that weren’t raped by a teammate or adult. If you think I’m trolling just google “pat powers, Bradenton, FL.”

Oh, and I was almost arrested when I broke a teammate’s nose that ran after me. So you keep telling your kids to respect adults. That always works out great 😞
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

This.
And if I was that kid’s mom, he’d be in the biggest trouble of his life for being such a disrespectful, little jerk.
mojogirl wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:50 am Not sure the child was racially motivated in their remark, but if I were the nanny I'd be looking for new employment.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well, now you know 2. Because I do have a maid and my children have never been disrespectful to her or threatened her with asking me to fire her or told me to fire her. I grew up in a house with live in maids and I never said that either, ever.
But what most of us find disgusting isn’t the firing thing, it’s the kid saying that his parents “own” that person and therefore should obey him without question. That’s a spoiled brat that needs a serious lesson in respecting others.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:13 pm Reading through these responses, I’m pretty sure that most of you have never had household staff like a nanny or housekeeper / child driver around your kids. I don’t know a single child, no matter how polite or well behaved, that is around a person that his parents pay to take care of him, drive him, wash his clothes, etc that hasn’t at least provided an argument to his parents about why that person should be fired. And I have in fact fired a nanny after ODS said to her, “I’m telling my mom about this and she’s going to fire you.”

You’re all getting too caught up in the words a 6 year used to tell this woman that he thinks she should be fired, and you’re all jumping all over a 6 year old because of your own internal biases.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 203

Unread post

The child had to learn to say something like that from others, and my guess would be the parent's as a strong possibility and in private.

Not really about "ownership" due to skin color but due to the parent's being her employer more so.

Whatever the case may be, this nanny needs to find other people to work for/with. She deserves better.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

;)
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:50 pm
Anonymous 8 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:17 pm

My children are polite and respectful, but they are aware that adults aren’t always right. When I was in middle school, I joined a racquetball team. I’ll spare you most of the details, but I was one of I think 3 children that weren’t raped by a teammate or adult. If you think I’m trolling just google “pat powers, Bradenton, FL.”

Oh, and I was almost arrested when I broke a teammate’s nose that ran after me. So you keep telling your kids to respect adults. That always works out great 😞
Are you a F***ing moron or something? You keep giving examples that are nowhere even close to the same thing that were talking about right now. being raped by a teammate is not the same as a child looking at their adult Manny saying "you have to listen to me because my parents own you" that is not the same F***ing thing please pull your head out of your ass and see what people are actually F***ing telling you.

I have 100% taught my children that if somebody tries to touch them in a way that they don't want to be touched that they are to fight them, run away from them, scream at them, do anything to make them stop but I've also taught my children to respect adults when they say "no you cannot have ice cream right now". Do you not see the HUGE difference here?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:17 pm
Pjmm wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:59 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:51 pm

A casual babysitter is different than a nanny. The nanny is taking care of the child on a far more regular basis, and is also responsible for taking children outside of your home. Children do have plenty of legitimate gripes about nannies, and although they don’t necessarily rise to the parent’s threshold for disciplinary action I get why the kids are annoyed. For some examples:

Child always arrives 10 minutes late to activities and nanny always “forgets” to dress child properly and bring appropriate sports equipment.

Nanny never includes child’s favorite outfit in children’s laundry.

Although family has gotten family plus nanny memberships at multiple local attractions, nanny never brings child to any of them.

This one is completely on point - mom instructs nanny to always allow child to choose an ice cream at a particular park unless child misbehaves. Nanny regularly doesn’t buy ice cream for child at the park no matter how well the child behaves.

These are all real life discussions I have had with friends.
Even so the child spoke to that nanny inappropriately. It's not his call to threaten her or to say my parents own you. Idc if the nanny is from Mars you don't speak to anyone that way. Why? Because it's extremely rude. My kids had gripes about their babysitters or friends of mine who did indeed take them places. And they didn't mouth off. Instead they came to me and said their piece. Sometimes they're right and i acknowledged it. Sometimes they were wrong. It's one thing to have a legitimate complaint but don't be a turd knocker about it.
My initial response wasn’t at all about how I would handle the child’s behavior. It was about the outrage towards a 6 year old’s behavior, and the child bashing commentary that I was seeing. Six year olds aren’t known for their impulse control....he was wrong, but if the nanny responded with hurt, anger, inappropriate discipline - which it sounds like she did - this was more her issue than his. He’s six for the love of God.
Where did she handle him inappropriately? She spoke to the parents as I would have done. Maybe it's not racial- or maybe it was. Maybe the parents are racists. We have no way of knowing. But I didn't see that she did anything inappropriate to the child. The child is six and also old enough to know better. My kids might have said you can be fired idk but not we own you. I'll give you an example of what i mean. So they knew at six I worked and their father worked too. We worked for other people. So in that six years old mind does that mean our bosses own us? It better not.
Locked Previous topicNext topic