Baby came early

Anonymous 1

Unread post

We have a bassinet, car seat, play pen and some clothes. Other than bottles what other stuff do we need to get. It's been. 17 years since I had a baby and she is still at the hospital. I want to get what she needs before she goes home.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Diapers. Formula.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baby lotions and bath. Baby grooming kit. Swing, bouncer. Blankets. Baby bathtub. They make baby swaddlers now and those are awesome. Much easier than a blanket. You'll need a high chair at some point or a booster chair for the table. Baby washcloths and towels. Binkies if you want. Bottle brush. I have a bottle organizer that sits on my counter that I like. Baby medicines like Tylenol. I'm sure there's more.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baby powder, wipes, diapers, burp cloths. I can't really think of anything else you would need right now that wasn't already mentioned.

caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I really liked the Boppy pillow. Those sleepers that look like dresses are nice, too.

It's been a long time for me, too. So I'm sure there are new things that are really cool and useful that I've never even heard of.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Burp cloths, tons of baby socks, wipes, formula. When our first was born we had the basics for the first week or so—blankets, diapers, formula, bottles, swing and crib. The rest we filled in when we thought we needed it.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Diapers, first aid kit, baby bath supplies. Other than that, not much. They don't need a lot for the first few months. Is this your baby or someone else in your homes?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You'll also want some gas relief or gripe water on hand. If you formula feed they make nursery water for that but personally I just used bottled. You can get a giant pack of water at Costco for cheap. Also a bottle warmer, breast pads if you breastfeed, along with a pump and lotion for your nipples.

Don't forget pads for after birth. Some people like Tucks too but I never used them.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Waterproof pads for wherever the baby sleeps. If it's cold a carseat cover.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:14 am Baby powder, wipes, diapers, burp cloths. I can't really think of anything else you would need right now that wasn't already mentioned.
Car seat covers are unsafe and highly unrecommended
Locked Previous topicNext topic