Withdrawal from quitting smoking cigarettes?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

there is a person who is saying that they quit smoking cigarettes and they're going through withdrawal and it's just awful. And I want to say, are you F***ing crazy?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

No, they're going through nicotine withdrawal.

Are people here today just to stir the pot on things they already know?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Why do you think it is so hard to quite smoking? People suffer from varying degrees of withdrawal, but it is well established that nicotine is a powerfully addictive substance.

I hope your friend is able to stay the course and stop smoking.

Nicotine is so powerful that even if you’ve smoked for only a few weeks, you’ll still go into withdrawal when you quit. Depending on how long you’ve smoked and how many cigarettes you have a day, symptoms of withdrawal can last anywhere from several days to several weeks.

Nicotine withdrawal involves physical, mental, and emotional symptoms. The first week, especially days 3 through 5, is always the worst. That’s when the nicotine has finally cleared out of your body and you’ll start getting headaches, cravings, and insomnia.
https://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation ... symptoms#1
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I quit cold turkey myself after 20 years. There was no withdrawal symptoms.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

i'll bite... why do you think they're crazy?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:55 am I quit cold turkey myself after 20 years. There was no withdrawal symptoms.
Good for you. But if that was the typical experience tobacco use would be almost non-existent - instead, over 34 million people in the US use tobacco products. Insurance companies are willing to underwrite the cost of programs to quite because of the high cost of health issues related to tobacco and the difficulty people have trying to quit.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I don't smoke every day but when I drink, I want a cigarette so badly for some reason! I don't know why I want to feel the damn smoke in my lungs! It's crazy to me! Someone was telling me that it's the nicotine that I want but I'm not sure..I just know that for some reason I want to feel smoke in my lungs which sounds insane!!!!
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:55 am I quit cold turkey myself after 20 years. There was no withdrawal symptoms.
Now I’m calling troll. You a damn lie
Deleted User 670

Unread post

You didn't know that nicotine is addictive? Any addictive chemical that is ingested will cause withdrawal symptoms once you stop ingesting them.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

How heavy of a smoker were you?
Locked Previous topicNext topic