Updated! I just bought a Peloton!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:44 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:53 am
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:11 am Did it arrive?
Yes it did! I have only joined one live ride and done one prerecorded, so I was going to give it another day or two before I updated.

The one thing I’ll say is that the Peloton app gives you access to far more content than I realized. I’ve actually done two short stretching classes and a yoga class too! They also have strength, bootcamp, and audio for outdoor running and walking. I definitely think it’s not a bad deal at all for $39.
Eeek, I am excited for you!

I wonder if I would like to use the app with my trainer.

I use Zwift, so it adjusts the tension and I pretend I am going up and down hills and through cartoon scenic areas and such. It's OK. I have done some free YouTube spin classes. I like them "sort of", as my bike is a real bike, so it's a bit different than adjusting a stationary spin bike. But Idk, the app sounds tempting to trial.
Most of the instructors are telling you the amount of resistance you should put on the Peloton bike, so I think it might be frustrating for you. But I will say I received my Peloton on Friday, and I’ve already ridden 40 miles.....,
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Bump for update.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Thanks for the update. I think I'm going to get one. I won't have to get up so early to go to spin class..lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:33 pm Thanks for the update. I think I'm going to get one. I won't have to get up so early to go to spin class..lol
I think you’ll like it, but I will warn you it’s not nearly has generous as the bikes at my gym for calories burned 😐. That may be because the bikes at my gym are probably set for short 20 year olds that weigh 150 pounds and I’m tall, skinny, and almost 45 😂.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:54 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:47 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:45 pm Well this is a new troll direction.
Purchasing exercise equipment would be a very odd thing to troll about.
Unless that particular piece of exercise equipment has been in the media lately due to an unfortunate commercial which caused a lot of scrutiny and discussion, not to mention memes. In which case it's still a troll but a seemingly "harmless" one because the troll in question wants the attention but not the backlash or controversy of say a baby momma post.
It was only controversial to those that saw controversy in it. The commercial was fine.
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:52 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:47 pm

Purchasing exercise equipment would be a very odd thing to troll about.
Unless that particular piece of exercise equipment has been in the media lately due to an unfortunate commercial which caused a lot of scrutiny and discussion, not to mention memes. In which case it's still a troll but a seemingly "harmless" one because the troll in question wants the attention but not the backlash or controversy of say a baby momma post.
It was only controversial to those that saw controversy in it. The commercial was fine.
Reading is your friend. I said baby momma posts are controversial. The commercial was unfortunate and recently scrutinized in media which would make is a "safer" thing to troll about. I did not say I found the commercial to be controversial.
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:59 pm

Reading is your friend. I said baby momma posts are controversial. The commercial was unfortunate and recently scrutinized in media which would make is a "safer" thing to troll about. I did not say I found the commercial to be controversial.
Reading is your friend too. The commercial (which I didn't find unfortunate) did cause controversy. It's unfortunate that it did, but c'est la vie.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Cool.. I'm way too cheap for that. I'm not spending $2000 on a bike plus the per month fee for classes. I have other things I'd rather spend the money on.. I talked DH out of it and into a cheaper version with a cheaper subscription because I am picky about what I like to spend money on. LOL
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:03 am

Reading is your friend too. The commercial (which I didn't find unfortunate) did cause controversy. It's unfortunate that it did, but c'est la vie.
So then what was the point of quoting Me to say "The commercial was only controversial to those who saw controversy in it" when I did not claim I saw controversy in it nor did I say it was controversial?
AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:16 am
AllofFive19 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:03 am

So then what was the point of quoting Me to say "The commercial was only controversial to those who saw controversy in it" when I did not claim I saw controversy in it nor did I say it was controversial?
Two reasons. 1. "The commercial was only unfortunate to those who saw unfortuness in it" sounds stupid. 2. To point out that some actually felt that commercial had controversy in it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic