Updated! I just bought a Peloton!

Mrs.ChuckBass
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

it looks pretty cool, but if you want access to live classes, its another $38/mo on top of whatever the payment is to finance the bike, unless you pay the $2000 outright.

I'm buying a recumbent bike for like $150 and will use youtube to "join a spin class"
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:00 pm We have the peloton treadmill and the bike plus around 5 or 6 other huge machines in the basement. Dd and ds are on them daily and several times a day on the weekends. When I hear the word peloton I start singing ....ready or not, here I come, lol
I like the commercials.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mrs.ChuckBass wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:12 pm it looks pretty cool, but if you want access to live classes, its another $38/mo on top of whatever the payment is to finance the bike, unless you pay the $2000 outright.

I'm buying a recumbent bike for like $150 and will use youtube to "join a spin class"
I have an recumbent bike for outdoors and love it. Not great on inclines, but on level ground it is super fast, easy to ride, and I love being able to stop and start so easily - just put your feet on the ground! Where I live is very flat so it works for me.

I've had indoor bikes and also a roller stand for my incumbent, but I don't enjoy that so much. To me bike riding is all about fresh air and views and freedom. In the winter I tend to do a lot of classes for fitness, Zumba, dance, yoga, line dancing. If I have to be indoors I use my treadmill and watch movies, or some free weights.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I would like one.
I probably wouldn't use it any more often than I used the treadmill I had several years ago, I still want a peloton. I also would like the Mirror.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Did it arrive?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:11 am Did it arrive?
Yes it did! I have only joined one live ride and done one prerecorded, so I was going to give it another day or two before I updated.

The one thing I’ll say is that the Peloton app gives you access to far more content than I realized. I’ve actually done two short stretching classes and a yoga class too! They also have strength, bootcamp, and audio for outdoor running and walking. I definitely think it’s not a bad deal at all for $39.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:53 am
Yes it did! I have only joined one live ride and done one prerecorded, so I was going to give it another day or two before I updated.

The one thing I’ll say is that the Peloton app gives you access to far more content than I realized. I’ve actually done two short stretching classes and a yoga class too! They also have strength, bootcamp, and audio for outdoor running and walking. I definitely think it’s not a bad deal at all for $39.
Is the seat comfortable?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:50 am

Is the seat comfortable?
I’m probably not the best person to answer that question since I’ve never had an issue with bike seats. I didn’t find it particularly more or less comfortable than the seats on the spin bikes at my regular gym.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Glad it arrived. Glad you enjoy it. Glad you get more than your expected.
I want one. I've wanted one since I saw the first commercial about it.
ENJOY
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Eeek, I am excited for you!

I wonder if I would like to use the app with my trainer.

I use Zwift, so it adjusts the tension and I pretend I am going up and down hills and through cartoon scenic areas and such. It's OK. I have done some free YouTube spin classes. I like them "sort of", as my bike is a real bike, so it's a bit different than adjusting a stationary spin bike. But Idk, the app sounds tempting to trial.
Locked Previous topicNext topic