Update and picture! I just scheduled a Stitch Fix for my 5 year old

madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ummmm...no. I can get all of that at the outlets or marshals for the same price maybe less if go at the end of a season and it's on clearance.
i want candy!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:03 pm my eight year old wears a lot of under armour, I'll stick to getting them for $2-5 each at the second hand store.
It’s great that you have the time to do that and a quality thrift store near by. I just looked up the closest thrift store, goodwill, etc near me, and it’s 40 minutes away in a bad neighborhood. I can’t be bothered with that to *maybe* save a few thousand a year.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:22 pm For $164 one of my girls could buy a completely new wardrobe at thrift stores. If a child is wearing through pants fast enough that you constantly have to replace them why on earth would you keep buying NEW clothing? It's horrible for the environment and your bank account.
You can see my response to OOF about thrift stores in my area.

We actually always recycle our Patagonia and North Face gear when it’s too ragged to donate (the stores actually take it), and I’m betting the environmental impact of my veganism more than offsets tossing some children’s clothing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:21 pm Ummmm...no. I can get all of that at the outlets or marshals for the same price maybe less if go at the end of a season and it's on clearance.
I had it delivered to my door without doing much of anything, and my time is pretty valuable.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:35 pm Where the heck are you shopping that you spend $164 on 1 outfit for a 5 year old? Sheesh that's insane.
The mall closest to me has two department stores - Nordstrom and Bloomingdales. And I’m awful about looking at prices before I bring things to the register.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

164 is not a bad price for the items. Im not completely crazy about any of the items...nothing really stands out. You get a box once a month?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:14 pm 164 is not a bad price for the items. Im not completely crazy about any of the items...nothing really stands out. You get a box once a month?
This was our first box for YDS. Any chance your mall rat teen would like to style him 😂?

ETA: I generally would spend $140 or so on a pair of shoes and a fleece, so my feeling was I got the other 8 items for $24.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:16 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:14 pm 164 is not a bad price for the items. Im not completely crazy about any of the items...nothing really stands out. You get a box once a month?
This was our first box for YDS. Any chance your mall rat teen would like to style him 😂?

ETA: I generally would spend $140 or so on a pair of shoes and a fleece, so my feeling was I got the other 8 items for $24.
My daughter would love to style him.. she gives me pointers all the time 😀
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:22 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:03 pm my eight year old wears a lot of under armour, I'll stick to getting them for $2-5 each at the second hand store.
It’s great that you have the time to do that and a quality thrift store near by. I just looked up the closest thrift store, goodwill, etc near me, and it’s 40 minutes away in a bad neighborhood. I can’t be bothered with that to *maybe* save a few thousand a year.
Facebook marketplace, craigslist, ebay, etc. are also good options for good quality clothes at really cheap prices.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My 14 year old would be ecstatic about those items. But he likes shopping and picking out his stuff.
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Locked Previous topicNext topic