Is anyone else divorced from a person so awful or messed up that you feel like you could never apologize enough?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

DD deserves so much better. Last night, my former sister in law contacted her and sent her a screenshot of a scary sounding Facebook post he made back in September. My daughter was up all night worried her dad had killed himself. I scoured his older Facebook posts and determined it was either that he made a suicide note, or was so sure the "FBI agents" were after him that he posted such a note to throw them off, and then went dark. And it would make sense that he hasn't responded to DD or his family for these months, because he probably thinks they are FBI agents or working with the FBI.

And then I stopped and got so mad at myself. Because that's flippin crazy, but is totally plausible because of who I gave her as a father.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:26 pm DD deserves so much better. Last night, my former sister in law contacted her and sent her a screenshot of a scary sounding Facebook post he made back in September. My daughter was up all night worried her dad had killed himself. I scoured his older Facebook posts and determined it was either that he made a suicide note, or was so sure the "FBI agents" were after him that he posted such a note to throw them off, and then went dark. And it would make sense that he hasn't responded to DD or his family for these months, because he probably thinks they are FBI agents or working with the FBI.

And then I stopped and got so mad at myself. Because that's flippin crazy, but is totally plausible because of who I gave her as a father.
Why would FBI agents be after him?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:37 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:26 pm DD deserves so much better. Last night, my former sister in law contacted her and sent her a screenshot of a scary sounding Facebook post he made back in September. My daughter was up all night worried her dad had killed himself. I scoured his older Facebook posts and determined it was either that he made a suicide note, or was so sure the "FBI agents" were after him that he posted such a note to throw them off, and then went dark. And it would make sense that he hasn't responded to DD or his family for these months, because he probably thinks they are FBI agents or working with the FBI.

Why would FBI agents be after him?
They wouldn't. He needs psychiatric help.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'd be ripping SIL a new asshole! Who the hell sends that shit to a child?!?
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I guess she doesn't ever see her dad? Or even talk to him? That's even more sad.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:00 pm I'd be ripping SIL a new asshole! Who the hell sends that shit to a child?!?
DD is 16. That's still too young to me. But I'm sure that's why she thought it was fine to see if DD had heard from her dad since September or knew where he was.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

My son's bio Dad is a terrible person. I can only hope my son learns from my mistakes. But thankfully they don't have a relationship.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mojogirl wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:27 pm I guess she doesn't ever see her dad? Or even talk to him? That's even more sad.
I have sole custody and the court won't let her have any visitation from him except phone calls, and even then I'm court ordered to listen in on the calls for monitoring purposes. He was homeless for awhile, but I read from his Facebook that he says he voluntarily lived among the homeless to better understand them. He got a ride to Mexico at some point and was renting a place there for $50 or $150 a month as recently as this fall.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:37 pm
That'swhatshesaid wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:00 pm I'd be ripping SIL a new asshole! Who the hell sends that shit to a child?!?
DD is 16. That's still too young to me. But I'm sure that's why she thought it was fine to see if DD had heard from her dad since September or knew where he was.
Did you confront SIL and ask her what the hell is wrong with her that she thought that was an okay thing to do?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

That'swhatshesaid wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:44 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:37 pm
Did you confront SIL and ask her what the hell is wrong with her that she thought that was an okay thing to do?
No, I didn't find out she'd contacted DD until 5am. I told DD to block her. She (my daughter) was just screaming and crying last week that I supposedly keep her dad's family from her, and said I blocked her aunt. I reminded her that she was the one who blocked her aunt. That I told her to block her aunt and she told me she already had.

She's not going to block his family now, though, until she knows her dad is safe.
Locked Previous topicNext topic