Twins going to the same college

Anonymous 1

Unread post

WickedPissah wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:04 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:39 pm My MIL commented on how she doesn't think our twin daughters should be going to the same college. She claims it won't allow them to develop into their own people and have time apart. OK thanks, no one asked for your opinion? They didn't plan to end up at the same place, but they liked similar schools and chose the same one to apply to for Early Decision. They have always been very close and college is a tough transition, so I am sure they will appreciate having a familiar face. It's not like they're going to be roommates or do everything together (they probably won't even have classes together as they have differing interests). Minor rant but just kind of peeved me that she made it seem like they couldn't do anything independently.
Are you upset because maybe she has a point?
No, they have always had separate friend groups and interests, so I really don't see it as a problem. Not to mention it wasn't my decision to make, and I wasn't going to criticize their choice.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:44 pm
iamanon wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:15 pm You went from your mil making a comment to your mother in law harping on about it.
If it was just a comment let it go because we are all entitled to our opinion.
If she was harping on it you should have told her to talk with the twins because after all they are adults and are making their own decisions.
My bad that I didn't include an extensive, detailed story in a quick post, lol. Yes, she commented on it repeatedly to dh and to me and to our kids, and that to me is harping. I told her that it was their decision and they've already made it, but she wouldn't let it go.

The girls are excited for their college acceptances, and she's bringing that mood down by doing this.
Come up with a snappy comeback for the next time she brings it up. I'd be tempted to have one of them tell her, "We don't plan to be independent." just for the shock value (or better yet, have them say that in sync :) in a creepy tone .) LOL.
Lol the in-sync idea is great!
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:14 pm
WickedPissah wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:04 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:39 pm My MIL commented on how she doesn't think our twin daughters should be going to the same college. She claims it won't allow them to develop into their own people and have time apart. OK thanks, no one asked for your opinion? They didn't plan to end up at the same place, but they liked similar schools and chose the same one to apply to for Early Decision. They have always been very close and college is a tough transition, so I am sure they will appreciate having a familiar face. It's not like they're going to be roommates or do everything together (they probably won't even have classes together as they have differing interests). Minor rant but just kind of peeved me that she made it seem like they couldn't do anything independently.
Are you upset because maybe she has a point?
No, they have always had separate friend groups and interests, so I really don't see it as a problem. Not to mention it wasn't my decision to make, and I wasn't going to criticize their choice.
Oh, that's good then.
I shit glitter
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She can have her opinion but she's not entitled to nag you all about it since its not her business in the slightest. It sounds like your daughters have their own separate interests anyway so her point isn't even valid.
Locked Previous topicNext topic