Twins going to the same college

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:05 pm I have a friend with twins. When they were in middle school they were glued together at the hips. When they were in high school, they were glued together at the hips and had a hard time making friends. When it was time for them to choose their colleges, each stated that they didn't feel ready to be apart from the other. And so, they chose the same college. My kid sees them around campus all the time with no one other than themselves. It is none of my business. So, if I were this MIL I wouldn't say anything about them going to the same college. But about the sophomore college twins that I know...I am wondering...When will they branch out?
I can understand that concern but I don't really think that'll be an issue. They have separate lives and friends as it is now but they are still close. Even so, it was their decision to end up applying to the same school and I wasn't going to bar them from doing that.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

The difference between your twins and the twins I know is...YOURS have separate lives and friends of their own. The twins that I know still have neither. It's great that your twins are close and that they have each other at school. They are going to have a blast together. :)
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:14 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:05 pm I have a friend with twins. When they were in middle school they were glued together at the hips. When they were in high school, they were glued together at the hips and had a hard time making friends. When it was time for them to choose their colleges, each stated that they didn't feel ready to be apart from the other. And so, they chose the same college. My kid sees them around campus all the time with no one other than themselves. It is none of my business. So, if I were this MIL I wouldn't say anything about them going to the same college. But about the sophomore college twins that I know...I am wondering...When will they branch out?
I can understand that concern but I don't really think that'll be an issue. They have separate lives and friends as it is now but they are still close. Even so, it was their decision to end up applying to the same school and I wasn't going to bar them from doing that.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

You went from your mil making a comment to your mother in law harping on about it.
If it was just a comment let it go because we are all entitled to our opinion.
If she was harping on it you should have told her to talk with the twins because after all they are adults and are making their own decisions.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:15 pm You went from your mil making a comment to your mother in law harping on about it.
If she was harping on it you should have told her to talk with the twins because after all they are adults and are making their own decisions.
My bad that I didn't include an extensive, detailed story in a quick post, lol. Yes, she commented on it repeatedly to dh and to me and to our kids, and that to me is harping. I told her that it was their decision and they've already made it, but she wouldn't let it go.

The girls are excited for their college acceptances, and she's bringing that mood down by doing this.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:42 pm The difference between your twins and the twins I know is...YOURS have separate lives and friends of their own. The twins that I know still have neither. It's great that your twins are close and that they have each other at school. They are going to have a blast together. :)
Thanks! I am excited for them. They are healthily close with each other, but they both like to do their own things, so I know they will find their own groups and niches at college.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You're right. They will. Ignore your MIL. You know your kids.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:45 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:42 pm The difference between your twins and the twins I know is...YOURS have separate lives and friends of their own. The twins that I know still have neither. It's great that your twins are close and that they have each other at school. They are going to have a blast together. :)

Thanks! I am excited for them. They are healthily close with each other, but they both like to do their own things, so I know they will find their own groups and niches at college.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Meh, she’s entitled to her opinion and it’s not like she can do anything about it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Why do they have to ? Because society says they should? At least they know they can trust each other, rather than being stabbed in the back by assholes who claim to be their friends and aren't. I've heard of some twins living together their whole lives. If that's what they choose to do, so be it.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:39 pm My MIL commented on how she doesn't think our twin daughters should be going to the same college. She claims it won't allow them to develop into their own people and have time apart. OK thanks, no one asked for your opinion? They didn't plan to end up at the same place, but they liked similar schools and chose the same one to apply to for Early Decision. They have always been very close and college is a tough transition, so I am sure they will appreciate having a familiar face. It's not like they're going to be roommates or do everything together (they probably won't even have classes together as they have differing interests). Minor rant but just kind of peeved me that she made it seem like they couldn't do anything independently.
Are you upset because maybe she has a point?
I shit glitter
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:44 pm
iamanon wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:15 pm You went from your mil making a comment to your mother in law harping on about it.
My bad that I didn't include an extensive, detailed story in a quick post, lol. Yes, she commented on it repeatedly to dh and to me and to our kids, and that to me is harping. I told her that it was their decision and they've already made it, but she wouldn't let it go.

The girls are excited for their college acceptances, and she's bringing that mood down by doing this.
Come up with a snappy comeback for the next time she brings it up. I'd be tempted to have one of them tell her, "We don't plan to be independent." just for the shock value (or better yet, have them say that in sync :) in a creepy tone .) LOL.
Locked Previous topicNext topic