Just a minor vent..

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lilly, our 14 year old gave me a list for Christmas.. We do want, need, wear, read, PJs box on CE and a stocking. My kid is super into earth conservation these days and wants things along those lines.. cool. So, Dh ordered her need and it is scuba diving related. My mom ordered her the lunchbox and utensils she put on the list, her sister got her the pencil highlighters. I ordered the toothbrush holder, shampoo bar, and shampoo bar sampler from her list for her stocking. Dh and I bought her read, I bought her wear- an ocean conservation sweatshirt, ocean conservation t-shirt, 2 long sleeve shirts, a pair of jeans, a pair of leggings and a pair of boots. I ordered her scuba diving pjs, a scuba diver tea infuser, and will get her some tea and a treat for her PJs box. All of the items on her list have been ordered. Every single one of them. I still have to get her "want". I just asked the little goober if there was anything she wanted that is not on her list. Her response: " No. I'm sorry that you don't want to use the list I gave you".. not said in a nasty manner though. It is super difficult to buy for her when everything on her list is already bought and I want to get her things that she will use.
She does not wear make up, use perfumes or bath items. I swear the older and more set in her ways she gets, the more difficult she is to buy for at birthdays/ Christmas.. sigh... ( Oh, and the Hamilton tickets are not a Christmas gift as this has been planned for a year now)
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yeah, I got to hear from Sassy Mouth this morning, too. Mine was running late and I offered to help make her lunch...

Are these interesting:

https://www.acornonline.com/cgi-bin/haz ... gLkIfD_BwE

https://shop.nationalgeographic.com/pro ... gIM5vD_BwE
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:24 am Lilly, our 14 year old gave me a list for Christmas.. We do want, need, wear, read, PJs box on CE and a stocking. My kid is super into earth conservation these days and wants things along those lines.. cool. So, Dh ordered her need and it is scuba diving related. My mom ordered her the lunchbox and utensils she put on the list, her sister got her the pencil highlighters. I ordered the toothbrush holder, shampoo bar, and shampoo bar sampler from her list for her stocking. Dh and I bought her read, I bought her wear- an ocean conservation sweatshirt, ocean conservation t-shirt, 2 long sleeve shirts, a pair of jeans, a pair of leggings and a pair of boots. I ordered her scuba diving pjs, a scuba diver tea infuser, and will get her some tea and a treat for her PJs box. All of the items on her list have been ordered. Every single one of them. I still have to get her "want". I just asked the little goober if there was anything she wanted that is not on her list. Her response: " No. I'm sorry that you don't want to use the list I gave you".. not said in a nasty manner though. It is super difficult to buy for her when everything on her list is already bought and I want to get her things that she will use.
She does not wear make up, use perfumes or bath items. I swear the older and more set in her ways she gets, the more difficult she is to buy for at birthdays/ Christmas.. sigh... ( Oh, and the Hamilton tickets are not a Christmas gift as this has been planned for a year now)
Wouldn't some of the stuff on that list also qualify as a want? If she's getting everything on her list she's getting everything she wants. One of the values that goes along with earth conservation is buying only what a person needs. If you really want to get her something that could be considered a want as opposed to a need maybe consider donating money in her name to a conservation organization or "adopt" a wild animal through world wildlife fund for her. I'm partial to the river otter but there are lots to choose from depending on where her interests in earth conservation are. https://shop.wwf.ca/products/river-otte ... ygQAvD_BwE
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

A magazine subscription (like national Geographic or something) or a donation to a favorite charity?

I don’t know, 14 is a hard age.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I always thought want, need, wear, read, was one of each item?

Anyway I'm sorry.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Is she into anything Pop-culturey? A fan tshirt, maybe? A nice big heavy ceramic coffee mug that will keep her tea nice and hot for a while with a picture of some fav ocean creature, maybe? You can custom make one on Zazzle too.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lolabearlow wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:34 am A magazine subscription (like national Geographic or something) or a donation to a favorite charity?

I don’t know, 14 is a hard age.
This.
My three oldest are getting GCs. Clothes, books, family board games and GCs.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:37 am I always thought want, need, wear, read, was one of each item?

Anyway I'm sorry.
It is but as with anything some still go overboard but they make it seem like they’re going simple.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yeah.. they do qualify as a want.. they also only cost a few dollars which is why they are going in her stocking. I just can't bring myself to give her a $3 item for a gift. Ya know? I've contemplated the donation, but I'm not sure Dh would go for it.
PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:18 am
mcginnisc wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:24 am Lilly, our 14 year old gave me a list for Christmas.. We do want, need, wear, read, PJs box on CE and a stocking. My kid is super into earth conservation these days and wants things along those lines.. cool. So, Dh ordered her need and it is scuba diving related. My mom ordered her the lunchbox and utensils she put on the list, her sister got her the pencil highlighters. I ordered the toothbrush holder, shampoo bar, and shampoo bar sampler from her list for her stocking. Dh and I bought her read, I bought her wear- an ocean conservation sweatshirt, ocean conservation t-shirt, 2 long sleeve shirts, a pair of jeans, a pair of leggings and a pair of boots. I ordered her scuba diving pjs, a scuba diver tea infuser, and will get her some tea and a treat for her PJs box. All of the items on her list have been ordered. Every single one of them. I still have to get her "want". I just asked the little goober if there was anything she wanted that is not on her list. Her response: " No. I'm sorry that you don't want to use the list I gave you".. not said in a nasty manner though. It is super difficult to buy for her when everything on her list is already bought and I want to get her things that she will use.
Wouldn't some of the stuff on that list also qualify as a want? If she's getting everything on her list she's getting everything she wants. One of the values that goes along with earth conservation is buying only what a person needs. If you really want to get her something that could be considered a want as opposed to a need maybe consider donating money in her name to a conservation organization or "adopt" a wild animal through world wildlife fund for her. I'm partial to the river otter but there are lots to choose from depending on where her interests in earth conservation are. https://shop.wwf.ca/products/river-otte ... ygQAvD_BwE
Claire
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The 2nd one might be an option. :)

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:10 am Yeah, I got to hear from Sassy Mouth this morning, too. Mine was running late and I offered to help make her lunch...

Are these interesting:

https://www.acornonline.com/cgi-bin/haz ... gLkIfD_BwE

https://shop.nationalgeographic.com/pro ... gIM5vD_BwE
Claire
Locked Previous topicNext topic