Guess I'm sleeping at work tonight

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I work in a hospital. We are having a bad storm tonight. They said anyone who left and is unable to make it back for their shift in the morning would be fired on the spot. It's supposed to snow at least a foot over night. I really want to go home but I can't risk losing my job.

This is shit. I doubt I'm going to sleep at all.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have said it once and I will say it again - your labour laws in the US are horrible.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is that even legal? Are you in Australia or New Zealand?
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:39 pm I work in a hospital. We are having a bad storm tonight. They said anyone who left and is unable to make it back for their shift in the morning would be fired on the spot. It's supposed to snow at least a foot over night. I really want to go home but I can't risk losing my job.

This is shit. I doubt I'm going to sleep at all.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That sucks.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

THIS is why we need unions. That policy is shit.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:41 pm I have said it once and I will say it again - your labour laws in the US are horrible.
The "Right to Work" laws and ''At Will" laws are stacked against employees.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:41 pm I have said it once and I will say it again - your labour laws in the US are horrible.
Idk. I'd tell my boss good luck with that. But he wouldn't do that kind of bs. if the weather's bad we leave early. Now I'd tolerate it but I'd be looking for a new job pronto if it involved pumping out septic tanks. I wouldn't care. And I'd explain all that in my resignation letter.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:48 pm THIS is why we need unions. That policy is shit.
DHS union has worse rules than the laws. For example the state requires sick pay but dh doesn't get it because hes union. Its terrible.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:16 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:48 pm THIS is why we need unions. That policy is shit.
DHS union has worse rules than the laws. For example the state requires sick pay but dh doesn't get it because hes union. Its terrible.
He gets paid leave to use for sick leave, doesn't he?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I understand needing to keep a hospital staffed. Isn’t that the job you signed on for when you entered the medical field?
Locked Previous topicNext topic