Have you ever felt

Anonymous 1

Unread post

like you just didn't want to live anymore? That's pretty much where I've been at for a while. I don't know what to do to feel better or happy. Dh is at a loss because he doesn't know how to help either and it causes fights between us. Each day feels like a chore for me to get through.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yes mine was from verbal and emotional abuse.
You need to see a doctor
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:47 pm Yes mine was from verbal and emotional abuse.
You need to see a doctor
I went to a therapist for a while but it was largely unhelpful and way, way too expensive.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Everyday.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No way.

Even if I was severely depressed and tired of life, my fear of death would keep me motivated enough to keep on going.The thought of dying and the unknown gives me panic attacks.

But anyway, I hope you feel better and get past this. Hugs.
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes
I had 3 days inpatient, counseling and meds
Now things are so much better. But it takes work to keep the depression from taking over still
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

It sounds like that therapist was not the one for you. It took me several tries to find the one for me and she really helped change my life...felt more like a life coach although she was a therapist. I understand the cost thing..that kept me from going for a long time. There are so many youtube videos on all kinds of depression and reasons of being depressed, online support groups, dvds, books...you just gotta make yourself watch/read them and dig deep. a dvd that helped me was you can heal your life from louise hay. i also love cheryl richardson. i follow them and a lot of other positive people on instagram and that helps too. i got rid of FB almost 4 yrs ago and that helped me too as i would feel more depressed being on there and afterwards. i have a lot of reasons to be depressed, but i worked extremely hard to overcome it and i can honestly say that i am not depressed anymore! sure, i have down moments but i don't have down days anymore. big hugs to you! i know it's so hard!!!!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:03 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:47 pm Yes mine was from verbal and emotional abuse.
You need to see a doctor
I went to a therapist for a while but it was largely unhelpful and way, way too expensive.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am so sorry you feel like this. Yes, long ago, when I worked night shift, I was quite depressed.

May I ask what you are doin for your mental health? You don’t have to answer any of this...but every single action & thought the we do in life results in a cascade of neurotransmitters in our brain, so there are things that decrease the risk of depression. And repetitive behavior can build new healthier neural pathways.

Do you exercise outdoors everyday?
Have you or do you try to meditate?
Do you have any play or hobbies that you used to engage in? Can you start them again?
Are able to laugh at anything? Comedy specials? A You Tube channel?
Are you intimate with your SO?
Are you able to sleep? Or do you sleep the recommended number of hours?
Are you able to increase your dietary intake of Whole Foods? Like healthy fats, nuts, veggies, fruits?
Do you have a social support network?
Do you like to read or listen to books? Have you thought about reading self-help books about happiness, mindfulness etc?
Do you have a dog? Do you like them? Could you get one?

*hugs*
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I'm sorry you are suffering
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:19 am It sounds like that therapist was not the one for you. It took me several tries to find the one for me and she really helped change my life...felt more like a life coach although she was a therapist. I understand the cost thing..that kept me from going for a long time. There are so many youtube videos on all kinds of depression and reasons of being depressed, online support groups, dvds, books...you just gotta make yourself watch/read them and dig deep. a dvd that helped me was you can heal your life from louise hay. i also love cheryl richardson. i follow them and a lot of other positive people on instagram and that helps too. i got rid of FB almost 4 yrs ago and that helped me too as i would feel more depressed being on there and afterwards. i have a lot of reasons to be depressed, but i worked extremely hard to overcome it and i can honestly say that i am not depressed anymore! sure, i have down moments but i don't have down days anymore. big hugs to you! i know it's so hard!!!!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:03 am
You need to see a doctor
I guess I'm just not really inclined to waste time and money on finding the right person though I should. I have a really difficult time opening up especially to people I don't know. I've always just been ashamed of feeling like this. Thanks for your advice, I will look into those resources. I am glad you were able to get past it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic