We were invited again

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I am the one that posted about my SIL asking if they need to feed my nephew since we said that we would have him with us last year. Now they just invited us for Christmas and we will have my nephew with us again. Should I just decline saying that we will have my nephew again or do I ask if it's okay to bring him (although I know she doesn't want me to...or at least that's how she acts). WWYD?
Deleted User 172

Unread post

What happened with him at Thanksgiving?
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I would just decline.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

He ended up staying at his mom's for Thanksgiving so we didn't have him with us.
Dylexsmommy wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:42 pm What happened with him at Thanksgiving?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Would you say why you are declining or just say a simple we can't make it?
caustib wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:43 pm I would just decline.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

She sounds like a total bitch. Why would you want to spend any time with her at all?
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If I had a teen or child staying with me I would not go anywhere he was not made to feel welcome.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

simply say, '' no thanks - we made other plans''
Anonymous 1

Unread post

When that happened last year, I was in shock but we still went. SIL treated him nicely when we were there but it felt so fake. I'm sure she was saying "do we have to feed him?" as a "dig" to me for not specifically asking if he could come with us but I didn't think it would be a big deal but to her it seemed that it was.
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:49 pm If I had a teen or child staying with me I would not go anywhere he was not made to feel welcome.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you want to go just say “we would love to come but you know we will have “insert name” staying with us at that time”. See then what she says.
Locked Previous topicNext topic