He Stole All The Presents

Anonymous 12

Unread post

Guess he has Xmas early. Let him have the gifts now, with the understanding he don’t jack on Xmas. Make him rewrap everything else and put that stuff under lock and key.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:58 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:52 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:45 pm

No, it’s not. I’m taking away the expensive good presents because he destroyed everyone else’s presents. He’s getting clothes and books. It’s not like I’m hanging him upside down by his toes or locking him in the basement.

You said in your intro that he played with the gifts. You didn't say he destroyed them. You're angry and trying the rationalize an unreasonable punishment.

This will come back and bite you on the ass. The bad thing is your son will be the one most damaged by it.
How will this bite me in the ass? How is going to be damaged by receiving clothes and books? This is exactly what’s wrong with the world today. Ffs he won’t be damaged because he didn’t get the Nintendo switch he wanted for Christmas 🙄
Have you taken any parenting classes at all? What exercises have you completed in family therapy?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:57 pm I cant imagine being such a shitty asinine parent that repeatedly sets up their child up for failure then punishes them when they fail. Some people shouldnt be allowed to give birth or be parents, period...end of story
How did I set him up to fail repeatedly? It sounds like a few on here are projecting their own insecurities.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:57 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:52 pm

You said in your intro that he played with the gifts. You didn't say he destroyed them. You're angry and trying the rationalize an unreasonable punishment.

This will come back and bite you on the ass. The bad thing is your son will be the one most damaged by it.
How will this bite me in the ass? How is going to be damaged by receiving clothes and books? This is exactly what’s wrong with the world today. Ffs he won’t be damaged because he didn’t get the Nintendo switch he wanted for Christmas 🙄
Have you taken any parenting classes at all? What exercises have you completed in family therapy?
I’ve never needed parenting classes according to the support team that he sees I’m a very good mother doing the best I can with a child who has been through a lot. The only suggestion that I ever get is that I need to be stricter on him and make sure I follow through with punishments no matter how blasé he feels about them. He legitimately doesn’t care that I took away his presents but I was told by his therapist that I need to follow through with it anyway or he will continue the bad behavior.

Contrary to popular opinion on here his behavior is not my fault. I didn’t cause his trauma or any of his mental illnesses so all of this line of questioning is ridiculous. At the moment he’s excited to give away his presents to his cousins. This is what he does with every punishment. He doesn’t react in a normal way but I still have to follow through even if he is perfectly fine getting only clothes and books for Christmas.

The amount of overreactions on this topic is actually hilarious. I don’t know a single person in the mental health field who would jump to this bs about how damaged he will be because he’s not getting toys for Christmas 🙄

Some of you need to stop babying your kids so much. Toys aren’t everything and shouldn’t even be the main focus of Christmas.

What parenting classes have you completed?
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:23 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:05 pm

You're deliberately ruining Christmas for him. He's going to feel different and left out. He'll always remember that.

He's an angry child. You seem to be hell-bent on fueling his anger. That will bite you in the ass later.
He ruined it for himself. And Christmas is not all about toys. He is old enough to know better and there are consequences to his actions.
Consequences?!?

But then the kid might get sad

Only shitty parents have sad children

😂😂😂

This shit show is entertaining
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:57 pm I cant imagine being such a shitty asinine parent that repeatedly sets up their child up for failure then punishes them when they fail. Some people shouldnt be allowed to give birth or be parents, period...end of story
Santa bring you coal one year?!

You sound butt hurt

What’s up your ass?!

😂😂😂
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:23 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:56 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:37 pm So you left your 8 year old son with KNOWN behavioral issues that includes stealing unsupervised long enough he was not only able to get into all the presents under your bed and in the ATTIC and unwrap them, unbox them and even start setting them up and were completely oblivious to the noise upstairs.....He was in the F***ing attic and you didn't register that?? How shitty of a parent are you? No really? Clearly your kid already is suffering the affects of it.
I guess you sit in your child’s room and watch him sleep all night?
I didnt f**k my kids up when they were younger through shitty parenting. So, no, I don't have to watch them all night long. I'm also aware enough of what they are doing that if I am in a separate room, even watching TV, I know what room they are in and my house is 2400 square ft. Clearly you checked out in regards to parenting a long time ago and have no idea what your kids are doing even in front of your face.
I don’t believe for a second your kids aren’t fucked up 😂

You got some anger issues babe

Anyone who’s seen you around this group knows this 😂
AuntFlo
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Beat him with a belt

And spoon

And shoe

And whatever else is nearby

Like the old day’s 😂
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:23 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:57 pm
I’ve never needed parenting classes according to the support team that he sees I’m a very good mother doing the best I can with a child who has been through a lot. The only suggestion that I ever get is that I need to be stricter on him and make sure I follow through with punishments no matter how blasé he feels about them. He legitimately doesn’t care that I took away his presents but I was told by his therapist that I need to follow through with it anyway or he will continue the bad behavior.

Contrary to popular opinion on here his behavior is not my fault. I didn’t cause his trauma or any of his mental illnesses so all of this line of questioning is ridiculous. At the moment he’s excited to give away his presents to his cousins. This is what he does with every punishment. He doesn’t react in a normal way but I still have to follow through even if he is perfectly fine getting only clothes and books for Christmas.

The amount of overreactions on this topic is actually hilarious. I don’t know a single person in the mental health field who would jump to this bs about how damaged he will be because he’s not getting toys for Christmas 🙄

Some of you need to stop babying your kids so much. Toys aren’t everything and shouldn’t even be the main focus of Christmas.

What parenting classes have you completed?
Are you suggesting I caused my child’s challenges, lol?

I have actually been to extensive parenting classes, love & logic, parenting with presence, disciplining the explosive child, mindfulness and parenting. The list goes on & on. I have also read about 56 parenting books as of this year.

As I said in a previous post, you know your child best, but I have never seen any professional suggest a parent decide on discipline in anger. Sometimes though, written communication just does not show you true emotions, so I apologize, but here you come across as reactive and angry, imposing a consequence 20 days from now. But if this is your consistent, discipline plan and you have faith in it, I do not know why you are so defensive.

You are absolutely right, Christmas is not about gifts, but it is very much about making memories that last a lifetime. Being reminded, even unconsciously, that a child is not worthy of equal presents because they fucked up, likely reminding them & the whole family that they are always F***ing up, as they sit there and see their siblings, who never seem to mess up, get traditional gifts, is not the memory I would want my DS to have on this one day a year, even if he is emotionally devoid of demonstrating his feeling. I would consider it a risk to fail to create familial bonds,. There are many other ways for him to process the lesson he needs, without receiving consequences Xmas morning.

So I laughed out loud, at “babying your kid” as we have had a rough week with lots of tantrums & discipline....so suggesting that there is no alternative besides creating unequal Xmas morning OR babying your kids, come on, you cannot be serious, with that, you KNOW there are so many ways to discipline...
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

He wouldn't be getting anything for Christmas. You can sell them, or donate them if you think you can't return them. The fact that you took them away, and he went into your closet and got them back out? Nope. He is old enough to know better. He's going to end up in prison as an adult because he's going to be caught stealing too many times.

Locked Previous topicNext topic