Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 10 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:24 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:35 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:32 pm
Yep, another one who has know idea what they are talking about 🙄
Good parents rarely have kids with behavior issues. Shitty parents however....
How old are your kids
Irrelevant to OP's shitty parenting but they are older.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:45 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:24 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:35 pm
Good parents rarely have kids with behavior issues. Shitty parents however....
How old are your kids
Irrelevant to OP's shitty parenting but they are older.
🙄
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:27 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:23 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:05 pm

You're deliberately ruining Christmas for him. He's going to feel different and left out. He'll always remember that.

He's an angry child. You seem to be hell-bent on fueling his anger. That will bite you in the ass later.
He ruined it for himself. And Christmas is not all about toys. He is old enough to know better and there are consequences to his actions.

Yes, there should be consequences. They should be appropriate though. What she's planning doesn't give him a chance to redeem himself and learn.
That whole earn it back crap doesn’t work for him anyway. I’ve had his iPad for a month because I told him how he could earn it back and he told me to throw it out. He hasn’t even asked for it back.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:45 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:38 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:29 pm

Omg now he’s suicidal? 😂 I can’t with this crap anymore. He has a psychiatrist who prescribes his medication, he has a therapist and we all do family therapy. He knows right from wrong, I was told to be stricter on him because he knows right from wrong. Jfc none of you know anything about him and these comments are just getting insane now.

Being strict is different than what you're contemplating.
No, it’s not. I’m taking away the expensive good presents because he destroyed everyone else’s presents. He’s getting clothes and books. It’s not like I’m hanging him upside down by his toes or locking him in the basement.
I never said your child was suicidal. I happen to know a great deal about children with behavior issues especially when those issues are born out of extreme trauma. It is what I do. Do you remember when your children were young, and it was your job as a parent to look at the dangers/safety issues from their physical, emotional, and mental level. It is exactly the same thing when you have a child with mental/emotional health issues. That is simply all I was saying, you as a parent, need to look at the dangers at the child's level. While there are so many wonderful therapist a therapist is not a medical doctor. It would be wise to seek the advice of both, because this is important, and it needs to be handled in the way that benefits the child. At the core of this is still a little boy who needs help, and direction, why would you not seek the advice of a medical professional, not just a therapist, because clearly the child needs both.
If you are determined to punish, for the sake of punishment, so be it, but if it's not done correctly it is going to give the child more power. You are hurt, angry, and frustrated beyond what I could imagine but that is something you need to set aside, and do right by the child. Again, I wish you luck, and hope for the best possible outcome.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Since the boy has a therapist, I'd run this happening by the therapist and ask him/her for suggestions on how to handle it. I consider myself to be a decent parent but this seems bigger than me and I'd want help.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:30 pm

No, it’s not. I’m taking away the expensive good presents because he destroyed everyone else’s presents. He’s getting clothes and books. It’s not like I’m hanging him upside down by his toes or locking him in the basement.
I never said your child was suicidal. I happen to know a great deal about children with behavior issues especially when those issues are born out of extreme trauma. It is what I do. Do you remember when your children were young, and it was your job as a parent to look at the dangers/safety issues from their physical, emotional, and mental level. It is exactly the same thing when you have a child with mental/emotional health issues. That is simply all I was saying, you as a parent, need to look at the dangers at the child's level. While there are so many wonderful therapist a therapist is not a medical doctor. It would be wise to seek the advice of both, because this is important, and it needs to be handled in the way that benefits the child. At the core of this is still a little boy who needs help, and direction, why would you not seek the advice of a medical professional, not just a therapist, because clearly the child needs both.
If you are determined to punish, for the sake of punishment, so be it, but if it's not done correctly it is going to give the child more power. You are hurt, angry, and frustrated beyond what I could imagine but that is something you need to set aside, and do right by the child. Again, I wish you luck, and hope for the best possible outcome.
I already told you that he has a medical dr, he sees a psychiatrist (a medical dr who prescribes his psych meds and part of his team) a therapist, and family therapy. He has an entire support system and I know what I’m doing when it comes to him.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don’t think taking away his Christmas is the way to go.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:52 pm

You said in your intro that he played with the gifts. You didn't say he destroyed them. You're angry and trying the rationalize an unreasonable punishment.

This will come back and bite you on the ass. The bad thing is your son will be the one most damaged by it.
Yep.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

I'm sorry but I keep seeing this:

Anonymous 8

Unread post

I cant imagine being such a shitty asinine parent that repeatedly sets up their child up for failure then punishes them when they fail. Some people shouldnt be allowed to give birth or be parents, period...end of story
Locked Previous topicNext topic