I won't go there again.. why me?

RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So I finally joined a mom site to start playdates for my son. My first real connection is a girl about an hour away from me. So far we've been chatting for 2 days and all we talk about is her and her problems. She never once asked me about anything in my life. NOPE I'm not doing this again. I had to cut 4 people off within the last year and a half because their depression was affecting me. I was constantly a listening ear and someone for them to help bring them our of a dark place. I can not do that anymore because I'm not in the best place myself. I felt myself getting angry everytime they texted or called me so I cut them off. I joined the mom site to have a completely different experience but the first F***ing person I connect with is bringing me all of her issues. What the hell am I doing wrong?
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I just went to library programs. My kids had kids to play with and I didn't have to talk to anyone.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CandTmom wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:29 am I just went to library programs. My kids had kids to play with and I didn't have to talk to anyone.
I will be doing that real soon. I have to get my ds out of the house and socializing.
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Seriously, the library! You could also try mommy & me gyms.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:39 am Seriously, the library! You could also try mommy & me gyms.
Those are on my list!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

In my experience the best way to connect with people is by joining a group doing something positive. Charity work, library groups to promote reading for your kids, garden clubs, food pantry or clothing drive, fitness class, etc. If you meet people who have a common interest or goal, that gives you something to talk about and a shared focus.

Take your son to a mom & me class for tumbling, story time, music, art or nature. Then you can be present and get to know people without all the focus on personal lives.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:44 am In my experience the best way to connect with people is by joining a group doing something positive. Charity work, library groups to promote reading for your kids, garden clubs, food pantry or clothing drive, fitness class, etc. If you meet people who have a common interest or goal, that gives you something to talk about and a shared focus.

Take your son to a mom & me class for tumbling, story time, music, art or nature. Then you can be present and get to know people without all the focus on personal lives.
I absolutely love your ideas! I guess I was taking the easy way out by trying to start online but it's not going well. Time to really get out there and do this!
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Some great suggestions from others in this group. Have fun.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Try a meet up group. I never liked parent groups. Idk what it was but either I couldn't go because i worked or they fell apart. Also i was older than most moms here. I've been asked if I'm the grandmother before. Blah
Lustywench
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Text her back and give her the link to this site 😄

Everyone above had great ideas, good luck
Locked Previous topicNext topic