I cant keep up!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I now have 2 students in grades where the have multiple teachers. My 5th grader now has 4 teachers, along with her co-curr teachers, and I have a 9th grader with all of his classes and whatnot. I have to admit, I'm not the best at juggling this shit at all. It sounds like a dumb thing to fumble over, but Im really finding it hard to keep up! Not to mention on top of all these teachers I have to keep up with, I have severe ADHD and for the most part I'm having to do it on my own (my husband works out of town).

There was an open house tonight at my daughter's school. Apparently they had sone kind of performance too. I didn't find out about it until the last minute. I had scheduled my sons 504 meeting at that time. Some how that email that they sent was flooded out by the other emails that I get everyday from their teachers and school letters etc. My daughter didn't tell me anything about it.

Anyways I feel like I'm sinking this year. This is new territory for me. I was doing okay with how things were last year. One kid had one teacher, and I dealt a little better with the other teachers. I feel like I'm being pulled apart. And whats scary.... I have another child that will start school next year. And my daughter will officially be in middle school too..... thats at least 17 teacher's that I'm going to have to remember, and stay on top of in addition to everything thing else thats going on in our lives.

The point is, I hope I will learn to get into the groove of this soon. This threw me for a loop. I know it shouldn't be so hard and probably isn't for the majority of parents out there. But this is too much for my ADHD, non memory having, no catagory having brain.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Your children should hopefully be learning to take a lot of that responsibility for themselves. You shouldn't have to manage it all as much as you are. Hope you can figure it out mama.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Write it down. All of it.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Kookoo?
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Aren’t you taking meds to help you? And write everything down!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is there a reason why you have to be so involved with their teachers? I know you said your son has a 504, but I don't know what it's for.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Idk all my sons high school teachers. By middle and especially high school they can figure that out for themselves.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What exactly do you have to manage?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:10 pm Your children should hopefully be learning to take a lot of that responsibility for themselves. You shouldn't have to manage it all as much as you are. Hope you can figure it out mama.
This is something I have been struggling to get across to my daughter's teachers since the beginning of the year. They dont seem to get, or care that I have 2 other kids at home and a household to run. So I am often feeling the pressure and hard glares from them when I miss something, or when my daughter forgets to bring home her homework. She does get into trouble, but its been a battle to stay on top of her and everything else.

As for my oldest son, he's dyslexic and struggles in some of his classes. I have to help him out with homework. Sometimes thats an all night ordeal depending on the subject and if I myself know the subject. And on top off all that, he has a required 20 hours of community service that he has to turn in per semester for one of his electives. Theres a lot of communication between his teachers and myself about where he is at, where he needs to be and things of that nature, to make sure he stays on track.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Manage what? Once my kids got to middle and high school I stopped keeping track of every little detail and all of the teachers.
Locked Previous topicNext topic