How I forever and ever ruined Mils Christmas

Rebeccaraev2
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:22 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:16 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:42 pm Been reading the Little Fir Tree where the children take all the toys off of it on Christmas Day or something? Because no one since Hans Christians Anderson's time EVER takes down their tree Christmas day especially knowing company's coming. We do ours on the 12th day- January 6. And mil just decides to stop by knowing nothing of your traditions. Doesn't ask, isn't invited, nothing. But sure carry on.
Never read that story and Mil isnt company. Why would she know any of our traditions when we didn't live locally for 12 years. That was the first time and the last time we saw her on Christmas Day. And plenty of people take their shit down on Christmas Day. Tired of looking at it
Uh huh sure she never asked her son in twelve years what your traditions are. Or tells you what time she's coming by but whatever.
The little fir tree is a very sad and cautionary tale about not being satisfied with what you have and who you are. I first heard it on a record of Christmas stories when I was a child. It's worth reading.
I couldn’t tell you a single thing about any of my families personal traditions are and they couldn’t tell you mine. Some people are actually private.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

damn. sounds pretty unbelievable to me
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:03 pm This happened many years ago when my children were all under six . The Santa thread reminded me of it. ..we had finally found really good jobs in oir hometown and moved back. So we hadn't celebrated Christmas with them and we still wont until this day....Our traditions were/are we decorate the tree on the 23rd. On the 24th we have our big meal and afterwords open presents. Then on the 25th we attend Christmas Mass and eat a lunch of leftovers then we take down the tree. Well oir first Christmas at home we were at mass when Mil dropped by. No big deal. She just left a note and said she would come back that afternoon. Well she arrived closer to evening and the tree and all decorations were pit back in the attic.we were all in our PJs watching The nightmare before Christmas. She trew the biggest tantrum I jave ever seen in my life. I had never seen a grown person act that way. Imagine a "Karen" times 10. She told us in front of oir children since she wasnt able to watch the kids open Santa gifts (WTF) that she wouldnt be giving our kids any Christmas gifts. We just let the little tantrum blow through and she eventually left. She has never bought my children another present again. Not for Christmas,birthdays or even HS graduation. But every year she sends us a wish list of presents that she wants for every occassion. Needless to say she gets shit. So thats how I personally (nevermind her son was the one who started the tradition) has totally ruined all the holidays for her. We eat a late breakfast with her on New Years day at Waffle House and call it good
I'd hate to be part of your sad little family. What kid wants to spend Christmas day taking down a tree and watching TV. Especially knowing how other people are spending their days.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 8 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:02 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:03 pm This happened many years ago when my children were all under six . The Santa thread reminded me of it. ..we had finally found really good jobs in oir hometown and moved back. So we hadn't celebrated Christmas with them and we still wont until this day....Our traditions were/are we decorate the tree on the 23rd. On the 24th we have our big meal and afterwords open presents. Then on the 25th we attend Christmas Mass and eat a lunch of leftovers then we take down the tree. Well oir first Christmas at home we were at mass when Mil dropped by. No big deal. She just left a note and said she would come back that afternoon. Well she arrived closer to evening and the tree and all decorations were pit back in the attic.we were all in our PJs watching The nightmare before Christmas. She trew the biggest tantrum I jave ever seen in my life. I had never seen a grown person act that way. Imagine a "Karen" times 10. She told us in front of oir children since she wasnt able to watch the kids open Santa gifts (WTF) that she wouldnt be giving our kids any Christmas gifts. We just let the little tantrum blow through and she eventually left. She has never bought my children another present again. Not for Christmas,birthdays or even HS graduation. But every year she sends us a wish list of presents that she wants for every occassion. Needless to say she gets shit. So thats how I personally (nevermind her son was the one who started the tradition) has totally ruined all the holidays for her. We eat a late breakfast with her on New Years day at Waffle House and call it good
I'd hate to be part of your sad little family. What kid wants to spend Christmas day taking down a tree and watching TV. Especially knowing how other people are spending their days.
We do the same thing just on Christmas eve...Its a cultural tradition. Doesn"t make us a sad little family
Anonymous 9

Unread post

How sad not to enjoy the Christmas season and simply rush through the entire thing in 2 days. Makes me very sad reading that and not celebrating it with family and friends :(
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I've only known one person in my entire life who took the Christmas tree down on Christmas night and it was because she was depressed during the entire holiday season to begin with and then spent Christmas day with her nagging, criticizing grandmother.

I do think it's sad this is your tradition or was but the reality is, it was/is YOUR tradition, and not the means to "ruin" the holiday of someone else.
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Uh huh
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 10

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:00 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:47 pm This makes no sense. Why wouldn’t you all have made plans in advance so you could actually celebrate together?
Because she celebrated with her husband and her adult stepchildren. She just stopped by to give the kids their gifts and got pissy because our christmas was already over
More like how my mil forever ruined my Christmas
msgme
Donated
Donated
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My stepmother used to put the tree up just before Christmas and take it down Christmas day. She was very OCD. The tree up after we opened presents was just a mess that needed to be cleaned up. lol she would wait until we were done with Christmas morning and as soon as we left to go home she would put it away. I'm not sure how soon before Christmas she put it up but knowing her it was finished an hour before we got there Christmas eve.
It's time we stop
Hey, what's that sound?
Everybody look, what's going down?
Locked Previous topicNext topic