I just spent $822.77 on......

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:03 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:54 pm

I'd be grateful for whatever I got, I am not a gift grabber, but if someone got me $74 Christmas pajamas I'd think on the inside WTF? Why not spend that money on something that actually useful?
We are also taking the PJ group to see The Lightening Thief on Broadway. Those tickets were substantially more expensive than the PJs. Do you think that’s a waste of money too since it’s a 2-3 hour show and they’ll have nothing at the end of it?
Are you all going in your matching pajamas? You hopefully know that a Broadway show is different than a pair of pajamas...
Unfortunately we won’t be able to go in our PJs since we have dinner reservations at a nice restaurant, but believe me I thought about it 😂.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:22 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:51 pm

https://www.vineyardvines.com/gift-guide-lounge-shop/

I ordered them online.
Man you fell into the "brand name" trap hard. Most of their stuff is produced in China which means it's overpriced and likely of a cheap quality too. A bunch of bored rich kids opened a business and outsourced their manufacturing to China and you fell hard for the "rich" status symbol.
Gucci is a “rich” status symbol. Vineyard Vines is really no different than J Crew - a middle market retailer.
Selling Walmart quality clothes to wannabe preppies that can't afford entry to the country club but like to pretend. Get out of here with that cheap poser shit. .
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:26 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:22 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Man you fell into the "brand name" trap hard. Most of their stuff is produced in China which means it's overpriced and likely of a cheap quality too. A bunch of bored rich kids opened a business and outsourced their manufacturing to China and you fell hard for the "rich" status symbol.
Gucci is a “rich” status symbol. Vineyard Vines is really no different than J Crew - a middle market retailer.
Selling Walmart quality clothes to wannabe preppies that can't afford entry to the country club but like to pretend. Get out of here with that cheap poser shit. .
We don’t belong to a country club because we belong to a yacht club where we keep our sailboat. It seems like overkill to belong to both a country club AND a yacht club.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:20 pm Cool!! I wanna see pics. I love shopping and I’m always looking for something different/unique or just expensive.. lol!

I ordered them online.
Sweet!
Skimmed the site and nothing really jumped out and said “buy me”.. Their stuff was just okay. 🙁
Glad you were able to find something.

Did you get the discount?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:33 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:20 pm Cool!! I wanna see pics. I love shopping and I’m always looking for something different/unique or just expensive.. lol!

I ordered them online.
Sweet!
Skimmed the site and nothing really jumped out and said “buy me”.. Their stuff was just okay. 🙁
Glad you were able to find something.

Did you get the discount?
I did. I don’t generally buy things for myself there, but DH and the boys like their polo shirts. And their aren’t a lot of decent Christmas themed PJ options out there. I’ve been really disappointed with the quality of the pajamagram ones.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Are they all matching? Or did you pick more personal ones out for each person? I think it’s sweet that you are gifting pajamas to your guests.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:03 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:54 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:14 pm

Yes, yes it is. But they’re nice PJs and we won’t do other gifts for the adults except cookies and candy.
I'd be grateful for whatever I got, I am not a gift grabber, but if someone got me $74 Christmas pajamas I'd think on the inside WTF? Why not spend that money on something that actually useful?
We are also taking the PJ group to see The Lightening Thief on Broadway. Those tickets were substantially more expensive than the PJs. Do you think that’s a waste of money too since it’s a 2-3 hour show and they’ll have nothing at the end of it?
Are you all wearing the PJs to the theater?
😳
Ilovemydaughter06
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yuppy?
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:13 pm Yuppy?
I don’t think yuppy would go anon to brag... she loves to be recognized.. lol!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ilovemydaughter06 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:13 pm Yuppy?
Yuppy lives in Milford, which is in bumblefuck PA and hours from NYC.
Locked Previous topicNext topic