Why be so protective over the information?

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:40 pm Because doing this through a third party on facetime doesn't exactly scream professional and is wide open to scamming, and I say this as someone who worked on a computer at home for years.
Then why go to a recruiter at all?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:55 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:58 am I think for me it would be a red flag because, they have my name, address & phone #. My birth month & day & a snap shot of me would give any scammer a way to steal an identity.
How are they going to steal your identity without your birth year? Genuine question because I thought identity theft generally required entire SSN plus entire birthdate.
They could just put any year down & make a drivers license ,with your name,address, & pic. Then they get a vehicle in your name & ins. If something happened ( an accident), they leave the scene , you're responsible, unless you can prove it wasn't you.

It's not all about getting your ss# for some scammers, some people aren't ALLOWED ( by the law) a drivers license & they will do whatever it takes to get one.
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:40 pm Because doing this through a third party on facetime doesn't exactly scream professional and is wide open to scamming, and I say this as someone who worked on a computer at home for years.
Recruiters actually do video interviewing via skype or facetime depending on what electronics the candidate may have. We have some clients who want to do a phone or video interview before bringing them in to interview in person. We used to have to hire companies for video interviewing before we had the capabilities we have today.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:51 am Wouldn’t checking valid ID at the interview negate the need for that weirdness?
I think they're trying to weed that out before the hiring manager, who is their client, even wastes their time setting an appointment with a fraud.
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

I think in this day and age many people are skeptical about giving any out. It's just sooooo easy to get scammed.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

I have never worked with a third party to get a job. I would be hesitant to give ANY information, because I would think your dh was pulling some sort of scam.

Yeah, not super helpful...
Anonymous 10

Unread post

They could probably start by doing a reverse image search. Once the scammer has found a match, It wouldn't be a stretch to think that they might find the birth year on social media. And from that....
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:55 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:58 am I think for me it would be a red flag because, they have my name, address & phone #. My birth month & day & a snap shot of me would give any scammer a way to steal an identity.
How are they going to steal your identity without your birth year? Genuine question because I thought identity theft generally required entire SSN plus entire birthdate.
Locked Previous topicNext topic