I don't travel for holidays

Anonymous 1

Unread post

If people want to see our family they can come to us. I have no problem hosting, even if it's for 60 people, but I'm not going somewhere else for the holidays.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

sounds like my inlaws. that doesn't always work for us so we don't always see them.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:57 am If people want to see our family they can come to us. I have no problem hosting, even if it's for 60 people, but I'm not going somewhere else for the holidays.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You have to do what is right for your family. We like to travel for Thanksgiving, but I completely understand not wanting to travel at the holidays.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What do you consider travelling? I would say that I do not travel but all my immediate family lives within 30 minutes of me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:55 am What do you consider travelling? I would say that I do not travel but all my immediate family lives within 30 minutes of me.
We stay home. I have some family that lives within 30 mins but we still don't even go there.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:59 am
highlandmum wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:55 am What do you consider travelling? I would say that I do not travel but all my immediate family lives within 30 minutes of me.
We stay home. I have some family that lives within 30 mins but we still don't even go there.
30 minutes is the same city. So to me it’s not travelling.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Ok, our families mean more to us than that. We take turns hosting. I do Thanksgiving, we do Christmas at my parents over New Years, and my sister has Easter. My brother and his wife pretty much refuse to ever host so whatever. We are also going to Arizona for Christmas this year for the first time because my MIL is battling lung cancer and it is really hard on her to come back to the cold for a week so we are doing it down there this year. Sometimes you make sacrifices for the people you love.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Anonymous 2

Unread post

An hour round trip is not traveling in my opinion. We drive 4-5 hours round trip. I do consider that traveling although it's not that far.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:09 pm An hour round trip is not traveling in my opinion. We drive 4-5 hours round trip. I do consider that traveling although it's not that far.
I do not consider it travelling because it is the same city. Now if I travelled 30 minutes to a different city it would actually depend on the weather strangely enough.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t either. Too much going on already. I don’t host either. I’ve never cooked for a large amount of people and don’t want to start now, lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic