I don't travel for holidays

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Most of our close family lives in the same city as we do, so we don’t have much reason to travel for the holidays.

I’m glad we don’t have to travel, but if we had loved ones that lived farther away, we’d be willing to make the trip sometimes.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would rather not travel for every holiday or at least take turns hosting but we have some relatives who refuse to travel and think the holidays should always be at their house. It's an opinion I find selfish at best.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

My parents are like 90seconds away and that’s where we usually go, so no, I don’t consider that traveling. We might venture to my sisters about 10 minutes away. That’s not traveling either.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Why not?

Id rather go to others houses because then I can leave when I want. But if i host i have to entertain until a certain time. But it depends on who is hosting/coming and the holiday. I do not want my one Aunt at my house because she is rude but if she doesn't come or doesn't host then i don't get to see my cousins because they are her kids and will be where she is.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

wildflowers25 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:58 pm I would rather not travel for every holiday or at least take turns hosting but we have some relatives who refuse to travel and think the holidays should always be at their house. It's an opinion I find selfish at best.
That's my Aunt. I said something to my cousin last year at xmas about everyone coming to my house since it was getting renovated soon. And she over hear me and turned around and rudely said that her and her children (the kids of the cousin i was talking to) would NOT go anywhere but HER house at that's out. I don't even really like driving the hour and a half there but it's one of the few times everyone is together. :/
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:16 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:58 pm I would rather not travel for every holiday or at least take turns hosting but we have some relatives who refuse to travel and think the holidays should always be at their house. It's an opinion I find selfish at best.
That's my Aunt. I said something to my cousin last year at xmas about everyone coming to my house since it was getting renovated soon. And she over hear me and turned around and rudely said that her and her children (the kids of the cousin i was talking to) would NOT go anywhere but HER house at that's out. I don't even really like driving the hour and a half there but it's one of the few times everyone is together. :/
We have a lot of room and cannot get them to come here for any holiday but they want us to drive to another state every time. I want to say no once in a while but it's on DH's side and that's just not done. And like your situation, it's a time when everyone is together.
KaiandKadensMama
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Hosting = prep, kids all over my house, and clean up. I’m a huge fan of GOING to another’s house for Christmas.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:00 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:59 am
highlandmum wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:55 am What do you consider travelling? I would say that I do not travel but all my immediate family lives within 30 minutes of me.
We stay home. I have some family that lives within 30 mins but we still don't even go there.
30 minutes is the same city. So to me it’s not travelling.
Holy sugar, I can't even comprehend 30mins being the same city. 30 mins to me is like 6 towns away. We only have 2 cities in my entire State.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We don't either. I sometimes host Christmas though, my parents are coming up for Christmas this year, and my sister and BIL are coming up right after.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I don't expect people to come to me. If they want to great if they don't great.
Locked Previous topicNext topic