I don't travel for holidays

highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:41 pm
highlandmum wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:00 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:59 am

We stay home. I have some family that lives within 30 mins but we still don't even go there.
30 minutes is the same city. So to me it’s not travelling.
Holy sugar, I can't even comprehend 30mins being the same city. 30 mins to me is like 6 towns away. We only have 2 cities in my entire State.
It is not that big of a city. But getting across it is at best mind numbing. On a good day it takes 20 minutes but add in weather, traffic and the damn LRT it takes forever.
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:04 pm
wildflowers25 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:58 pm I would rather not travel for every holiday or at least take turns hosting but we have some relatives who refuse to travel and think the holidays should always be at their house. It's an opinion I find selfish at best.
I don't expect people to come to me. If they want to great if they don't great.
That's how it should be.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We are traveling 45 mins to Jersey for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is usually the only holiday we travel for and we either travel 3 hours to upstate NY or 45 mins to Jersey. I would hate to host it at my house so I don't mind traveling for it.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:04 pm Ok, our families mean more to us than that. We take turns hosting. I do Thanksgiving, we do Christmas at my parents over New Years, and my sister has Easter. My brother and his wife pretty much refuse to ever host so whatever. We are also going to Arizona for Christmas this year for the first time because my MIL is battling lung cancer and it is really hard on her to come back to the cold for a week so we are doing it down there this year. Sometimes you make sacrifices for the people you love.
I hope she is getting stronger by the day and makes a full recovery❤
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Me either but I love to host and I prefer that everyone comes here. So far everyone agrees my house is the best place for holidays and summer vacations
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:57 am If people want to see our family they can come to us. I have no problem hosting, even if it's for 60 people, but I'm not going somewhere else for the holidays.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:49 pm
Poietes wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:04 pm Ok, our families mean more to us than that. We take turns hosting. I do Thanksgiving, we do Christmas at my parents over New Years, and my sister has Easter. My brother and his wife pretty much refuse to ever host so whatever. We are also going to Arizona for Christmas this year for the first time because my MIL is battling lung cancer and it is really hard on her to come back to the cold for a week so we are doing it down there this year. Sometimes you make sacrifices for the people you love.
Thank you, but she won’t, it’s terminal. Most people with this type of cancer are lucky to make it three years, she has been fighting for 5. So we are very lucky in that respect. We just don’t know how much time we have so we will be making as many memories as we can.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:23 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:49 pm
Thank you, but she won’t, it’s terminal. Most people with this type of cancer are lucky to make it three years, she has been fighting for 5. So we are very lucky in that respect. We just don’t know how much time we have so we will be making as many memories as we can.
I'm so sorry Poietes. What a tough lady though! I hope she keeps kicking cancer's rotten ass! So glad you guys are taking full advantage of the time. ❤
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic