I'm not making my kids pretend them believe in Santa

Anonymous 13

Unread post

I'm just wondering where all these parents and kids are going to be sleeping at Grandma's house. And more importantly, I surely hope that someone will be splurging for those $822.77 Christmas pajamas. It won't be a complete Christmas without them.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This is exactly why Christmas eve and Christmas morning is just us 3 at our house.

Good luck!
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:58 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:04 am

We are going to be there for a week before. We are watching the movie with my parents too.
So I would either give them to my kids the night before we leave to bring with us or I'd just give them to them on Christmas eve and not make it a big opening presents thing. There are ways around this. Yes, SIL is overreacting, but it's just doesn't need to be a huge deal and you have the power to keep it from being a big deal. What a shame that your parents won't get to see some of their grandkids and have the whole family for Christmas because no one will bend over something that is such a non-issue. Be the bigger person.
All I asked for was a compromise. If she isn't willing to do anything that is on her. We will still have a good time.

They won't see some of their grandchildren anyway. That is life.
I made a perfectly reasonable compromise that you ignored.
Give your kids their Christmas Eve gifts after her kids are asleep then open the rest Christmas Day so her kids don't think yours were naughty.
i want candy!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

madfoodie wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:03 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:58 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 pm

So I would either give them to my kids the night before we leave to bring with us or I'd just give them to them on Christmas eve and not make it a big opening presents thing. There are ways around this. Yes, SIL is overreacting, but it's just doesn't need to be a huge deal and you have the power to keep it from being a big deal. What a shame that your parents won't get to see some of their grandkids and have the whole family for Christmas because no one will bend over something that is such a non-issue. Be the bigger person.
All I asked for was a compromise. If she isn't willing to do anything that is on her. We will still have a good time.

They won't see some of their grandchildren anyway. That is life.
I made a perfectly reasonable compromise that you ignored.
Give your kids their Christmas Eve gifts after her kids are asleep then open the rest Christmas Day so her kids don't think yours were naughty.
I thought i responded to that. My kids are younger and would be going to sleep before her kids. I still wouldn't put their gifts from Santa though. There is nothing wrong with saying "we don't believe in Santa so he doesn't bring us gifts".
Anonymous 14

Unread post

Awesome troll post. Same one is done every year about believing in. Santa or not.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If all your Christmas traditions revolve around opening gifts on Christmas Eve, there is a issue.

I say open the movie, the PJ’s and a small gift. Tell her this is what you are going to do and suggest she purchases three presents for this reason. Then in the morning you have the Santa gifts to open. On your children’s gifts make some of them from Santa and let your children know the reason for this.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:25 am If all your Christmas traditions revolve around opening gifts on Christmas Eve, there is a issue.

I say open the movie, the PJ’s and a small gift. Tell her this is what you are going to do and suggest she purchases three presents for this reason. Then in the morning you have the Santa gifts to open. On your children’s gifts make some of them from Santa and let your children know the reason for this.
She refuses to put that any of the gifts are from Santa and plans to tell her sils kids that her family doesn't believe in Santa.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:59 am
highlandmum wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:25 am If all your Christmas traditions revolve around opening gifts on Christmas Eve, there is a issue.

She refuses to put that any of the gifts are from Santa and plans to tell her sils kids that her family doesn't believe in Santa.
So it has probably nothing to do with opening some on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day. But it has to do with refusing to put the name Santa on a few gifts. Heck I would put it on my 21 year olds gifts to keep the magic alive for a child and she would not say one negative thing.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:46 am This year we are going to stay with my mom for Xmas. My brother and his kids will also be there.

We open presents on Christmas Eve. It has always been the tradition we did with my kids. It is how my parent did it with us as kids. We opened Christmas presents Christmas Eve, played until we fell asleep, and then woke up in the morning and had family time and a big breakfast. We never did the santa thing with my kids.

My brother and his wife open gifts "from santa" on Christmas morning. They want everyone to partake in their traditions. They say if we do our thing it will ruin Christmas for their kids. I said maybe we can do some gifts the night before and some in the morning as a compromise but they said that the kids will think it is weird that santa is bringing gifts so early. They are insisting that we all do the santa thing. That is just not going to happen. I'm not going to force my kids to pretend they believe in Santa. We have always taught them to not tell other that Santa is not real and just to say it isn't something they believe in.

My SIL is bitching to everyone. My mom is about to uninvite them. It was going to be the first Christmas where we all were going to be together but it is turning into a train wreck. As of now we will do our thing and they will do their thing and we will have Christmas breakfast together.
I remember this from the old CM.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:07 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:59 am

So it has probably nothing to do with opening some on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas Day. But it has to do with refusing to put the name Santa on a few gifts. Heck I would put it on my 21 year olds gifts to keep the magic alive for a child and she would not say one negative thing.
SIL doesnt want anyone to open any gifts on christmas eve.
Locked Previous topicNext topic