Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:27 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:25 pm
Anonymous 10 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:40 pm If you say "Christmas Tradition" one more time I'm gonna 😱😱😱😱
I bet her kids will get over changing the tradition by Christmas morning. It's op with the problem. I mean if my kids whined that much I'd be having a nice talking to them.
How is it me with the problem? I was willing to compromise. What is wrong with opening some gifts Christmas Eve?
Nothing. But honestly you and your sil are cut from the same cloth- neither of you willing to give an inch. But what I really meant was your kids probably don't care if one year they have to wait until Christmas morning- it's YOU that does.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:26 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:27 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:25 pm

I bet her kids will get over changing the tradition by Christmas morning. It's op with the problem. I mean if my kids whined that much I'd be having a nice talking to them.
How is it me with the problem? I was willing to compromise. What is wrong with opening some gifts Christmas Eve?
Nothing. But honestly you and your sil are cut from the same cloth- neither of you willing to give an inch. But what I really meant was your kids probably don't care if one year they have to wait until Christmas morning- it's YOU that does.
Not true at all. My kids would be upset so would my parents. What fun would it be to open our Christmas PJs on Christmas morning?

I'm willing to compromise so clearly we are different.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:02 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:00 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:58 pm
All I asked for was a compromise. If she isn't willing to do anything that is on her. We will still have a good time.

They won't see some of their grandchildren anyway. That is life.
Your parents won't get to see these specific grandkids this Christmas because of something so petty that you won't be the bigger person about. That is ridiculous to me.
If they don't see them it will because they were uninvited. Asking for a compromise is being the bigger person.
If your mom uninvites them she can expect to be "uninvited" from the role of Grandma for a very long time.
Have your kids open their PJ box with the movie and such and leave everything else for the morning. This seems very simple.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:09 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:00 pm

Your parents won't get to see these specific grandkids this Christmas because of something so petty that you won't be the bigger person about. That is ridiculous to me.
If they don't see them it will because they were uninvited. Asking for a compromise is being the bigger person.
If your mom uninvites them she can expect to be "uninvited" from the role of Grandma for a very long time.
Have your kids open their PJ box with the movie and such and leave everything else for the morning. This seems very simple.
Except my SIL is not okay with that.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

KaiandKadensMama wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:36 pm My kids open gifts on Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day. I don’t get what the big deal would be if all kids opened family gifts on Eve, then the youngest get their Santa gifts Christmas Day. I’d tell my kids I was holding off on some gifts until Xmas morning because their cousins still believe Santa comes. My kids would be 100% on board with that. Why wouldn’t yours??
My kids always got one gift Christmas Eve..pajamas with a book or movie. They are adults with families or older teens now and they get...pajamas and the grandkids get a movie. Everything else comes Christmas morning and even the adult kids still have a gift from Santa lol.
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:10 pm

It doesn't sound like this has been explained to her and that the Christmas Eve stuff is really just a small token from mom and dad to your kids. It is hard to believe that your SIL has never heard of the Christmas Eve box. Those have been around for at least 25 years (my son is a bit over 24 and we have always done it).
Anonymous 1

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 pm
It doesn't sound like this has been explained to her and that the Christmas Eve stuff is really just a small token from mom and dad to your kids. It is hard to believe that your SIL has never heard of the Christmas Eve box. Those have been around for at least 25 years (my son is a bit over 24 and we have always done it).
It has been. She doesn't want us to ruin Santa for her kids. She has heard of them but doesn't agree.
Anonymous 13

Unread post

How many kids do you have? How many does SIL have?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 13 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:28 pm How many kids do you have? How many does SIL have?
Honestly why does that matter?
sheramom4
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:17 pm
sheramom4 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 pm

It has been. She doesn't want us to ruin Santa for her kids. She has heard of them but doesn't agree.
Those boxes aren't a Santa thing though. They are a parent thing. So now I will say that she is being ridiculous. The Christmas Eve box has never been related to Santa in any way other than you put on the pajamas (at least in my family) to get ready for Santa to come. Now that my kids are older we go completely crazy with the pajamas an part of the fun is to pick the silliest or craziest pajamas we can find.
Locked Previous topicNext topic