I'm not making my kids pretend them believe in Santa

Anonymous 4

Unread post

Then go ahead and turn Christmas into a battle ground. It seems to be the thing to do with extended family these days. Live in the drama & soak it up instead of finding a way to be happy with being with family for the holidays.

Enjoy the misery, anger & wasted energy. May it be all you ever hoped for & that it's dramatic enough to feed you thru New Years.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

After reading this post I'm going to need an extra dosage of blood pressure medication I swear to God. When in Rome and all... it won't kill your kids to wait until morning. Nor will it hurt your sil if your kids open up one present on Christmas eve. I really hope you're not serious with this shit.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You can't understand how it will completely ruin Christmas for their kids? I mean it doesn't really change anything for yours but will for theirs. I think you're being unreasonable tbh.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:04 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:41 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:33 am
Our gifts have a lot to do with our traditions. For example, the kids always get new PJs, a movie for us to watch, and bedtime stories for us to read that night.
So I'd just give them those things before you go and they can use them at your relatives. Are they really going to be watching a movie while visiting relatives for Christmas anyway?
We are going to be there for a week before. We are watching the movie with my parents too.
So I would either give them to my kids the night before we leave to bring with us or I'd just give them to them on Christmas eve and not make it a big opening presents thing. There are ways around this. Yes, SIL is overreacting, but it's just doesn't need to be a huge deal and you have the power to keep it from being a big deal. What a shame that your parents won't get to see some of their grandkids and have the whole family for Christmas because no one will bend over something that is such a non-issue. Be the bigger person.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Fullxbusymom wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 pm You can't understand how it will completely ruin Christmas for their kids? I mean it doesn't really change anything for yours but will for theirs. I think you're being unreasonable tbh.
It wouldn't ruin Christmas for her kids. Don't be ridiculous. We have celebrated with other families that do Santa and nothing was ever ruined.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:44 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:41 am

So I'd just give them those things before you go and they can use them at your relatives. Are they really going to be watching a movie while visiting relatives for Christmas anyway?
We are going to be there for a week before. We are watching the movie with my parents too.
So I would either give them to my kids the night before we leave to bring with us or I'd just give them to them on Christmas eve and not make it a big opening presents thing. There are ways around this. Yes, SIL is overreacting, but it's just doesn't need to be a huge deal and you have the power to keep it from being a big deal. What a shame that your parents won't get to see some of their grandkids and have the whole family for Christmas because no one will bend over something that is such a non-issue. Be the bigger person.
All I asked for was a compromise. If she isn't willing to do anything that is on her. We will still have a good time.

They won't see some of their grandchildren anyway. That is life.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:58 pm

All I asked for was a compromise. If she isn't willing to do anything that is on her. We will still have a good time.

Your parents won't get to see these specific grandkids this Christmas because of something so petty that you won't be the bigger person about. That is ridiculous to me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:00 pm

Your parents won't get to see these specific grandkids this Christmas because of something so petty that you won't be the bigger person about. That is ridiculous to me.
If they don't see them it will because they were uninvited. Asking for a compromise is being the bigger person.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:02 pm

If they don't see them it will because they were uninvited. Asking for a compromise is being the bigger person.
They're only uninviting them because they don't want it to be a big issue at Christmas. Yeah, they won't compromise, but this is just something that is so trivial and it's not about you or your SIL, it's about the children and they are the ones being affected because you won't just be the bigger person and switch up the order of things so everyone can have a good time and just enjoy each others company.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:06 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:02 pm

They're only uninviting them because they don't want it to be a big issue at Christmas. Yeah, they won't compromise, but this is just something that is so trivial and it's not about you or your SIL, it's about the children and they are the ones being affected because you won't just be the bigger person and switch up the order of things so everyone can have a good time and just enjoy each others company.
No. It's because my SIL has a shitty attitude. My kids would be upset to give up all their Christmas traditions. Nothing at all is wrong with us opening up presents the night before. We could save some for the morning, nbd. It won't make an impact on her or her kids.
Locked Previous topicNext topic