Why do people do this right around Christmas

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Posting on Facebook resale sites asking for Christmas donations. There are about 5 different places around here that help with gifts. But they wait until all of those close to ask for help. One lady posted tonight. I know her. I also know she quit her job 3 weeks ago . I can't have sympathy for her knowing she quit her job.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Why did she quit her job?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:46 pm Posting on Facebook resale sites asking for Christmas donations. There are about 5 different places around here that help with gifts. But they wait until all of those close to ask for help. One lady posted tonight. I know her. I also know she quit her job 3 weeks ago . I can't have sympathy for her knowing she quit her job.
Because the greedy jackanapes know that around this time of the year, people are more generous and giving
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:53 pm Why did she quit her job?
I'm not sure why but she was a cashier at a grocery store.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I give if I want to give(it’s for the kids).. most of the time I don’t really care about their story. I don’t
How is scamming or being honest.

People are more generous this time of year.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I can't imagine judging someone for leaving a job without knowing why.

I am being harassed at work and am probably going to have to quit. Trust me, I don't want to but I have to.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:23 pm I can't imagine judging someone for leaving a job without knowing why.

I am being harassed at work and am probably going to have to quit. Trust me, I don't want to but I have to.
Would you quit having 3 kids under the age of 5 and no way to pay your Bills. Would you quit knowing your gas and water is going go get cut off in two weeks. Because 2 weeks ago she was on there asking for help to pay her gas and water bill. She wasn't being harrassed .
My neice is her cousin and they both worked there .
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My guess is that in general people are more generous around the holidays. The Salvation Army gets the most donations at this time of the year. We contribute to Toys For Tots, and select an angel from the tree...and now with social media you can post a sob story and someone will donate because of it.

Some know better how to play the game than others...
caustib
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Most of the local organizations will make exceptions to the deadlines if they can. The one we donate to has hit Facebook within days of Christmas asking if anyone can sponsor a family that just came to them.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

My sister used to and still kind of does the same thing. She has 5 kids and her and her husband have minimum wage jobs. She signs up for every help program she can for Christmas. The school always gives them $300 in gifts then she does toys for tots and a giving tree through their library. Sometimes she will even ask for money from relatives on top of everything plus all of the public assistance they get and the huge refund at tax time despite barely paying any taxes. Some people are just takers. We are struggling a bit at the moment but I would never ask for money or things I have a second job to get money for Christmas.
Locked Previous topicNext topic