5%
Over 270k
12%

Total votes: 43
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hard to say right now - how much we make and how comfortable we are. DH just started a new job which is base salary plus commissions. We don't really know yet what to expect from commissions. I also wouldn't say we are completely comfortable right now because we do have some debt, but what his commissions are will help determine how fast we pay that off. Plus we are taking on some new debt by redoing the pool this winter. Plus one year from now oldest DS will be driving so we will need to get a second family car. Lots of balls in the air right now.

But we always pay our bills on time. That's never an issue. We just carry some debt.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

DH makes a little over 100k. I'm a SAHM. We're very comfortable.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

This is newer for us, but we are comfortable but don't have a lot in savings. So if there was a big dollar emergency, we would have to use a credit card. We always pay our bills on time and have some money left over...not a whole lot, but enough for everything we need and don't need. As long as things keep going as normal, we should be okay in our lives with making money even after we retire which is about 20 years away. We have a side business that will continue to grow hopefully.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My husband owns a company and we do very well. We live in an upscale community of dellionaires, tech people and business owners. Homes in my area start at one mil. It was a little cheaper when we moved here, but the area has grown so much it’s hard to find anything cheaper.

We live a comfortable life... could always use more money 💰 💵
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Enough
Anonymous 6

Unread post

DH makes right around the 200k mark. I don't really work (I bring home about $4,000 a year, lol).

We live comfortably. We have a nice but not fancy home. We travel often and overall try to spend more on experiences than on things.

ETA we have two children at home.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

DH is a teacher, and he brings home a little more than $60k. I’m a SAHM. We live in rural AL, and it affords us a comfortable but simple life. We are in the process of starting a farm, but we haven’t really made any money from it yet.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I bring home around that or less! lol! What do you do for work? I am a substitute but don't work every day.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:38 pm DH makes right around the 200k mark. I don't really work (I bring home about $4,000 a year, lol).

We live comfortably. We have a nice but not fancy home. We travel often and overall try to spend more on experiences than on things.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Sorry but I don't want to say since I mentioned DH's pay in this thread and don't want any of the snoopy ladies to figure out who I am. I like to keep our finances private.

I feel like substitute teachers are underrated, so just letting you know that some of us do appreciate you! And no I'm not a substitute teacher myself, lol.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:49 pm I bring home around that or less! lol! What do you do for work? I am a substitute but don't work every day.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:38 pm DH makes right around the 200k mark. I don't really work (I bring home about $4,000 a year, lol).

Anonymous 5

Unread post

It's fine. I am private too even as an Anon.
Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:06 pm Sorry but I don't want to say since I mentioned DH's pay in this thread and don't want any of the snoopy ladies to figure out who I am. I like to keep our finances private.

I feel like substitute teachers are underrated, so just letting you know that some of us do appreciate you! And no I'm not a substitute teacher myself, lol.
Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:49 pm I bring home around that or less! lol! What do you do for work? I am a substitute but don't work every day.

Locked Previous topicNext topic