Has anyone worked for Primerica?

Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I know this is an MLM and my longtime BFF is about to get sucked into it.

She has worked for regular Corp America her whole life and she has decided she is fed up. She just left a job and is kinda figuring out what she wants.

She came over last weekend to see my puppy. Somehow the topic of life insurance came up and she said she needs to get a policy since she left her job. I told her I have a policy through my job and she mentioned I don't have near enough and I am thinking "Why in the world would you care"? sure enough she is in training for Primerica in which you are supposed to sell your friends and family life insurance.

UGH. I told her I am not buying anymore and she needs to research as like most MLM's they are probably lying to her.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

If she wants to sell life insurance, there are lots of other insurance companies that aren't pyramid schemes and are reputable companies. MLM insurance company --- never knew something like that existed. There should be a law against that.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MLM life insurance???? Run away!
Oliviasmom72
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

they have been around forever and they are a pyramid. I am not buying any from her if she decides to go through with it. At my age I will have to submit to medical and blood tests..as much as I would like to support her, I cant afford any more unnecessary bills. I have a policy through my work that is 3 times my annual salary (I think). If I were to die tomorrow my kids would be taken care of. They are beneficiaries on my life insurance, 401k, Annuity, stock, and equity in my house.

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:04 pm If she wants to sell life insurance, there are lots of other insurance companies that aren't pyramid schemes and are reputable companies. MLM insurance company --- never knew something like that existed. There should be a law against that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Oliviasmom72 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:07 pm they have been around forever and they are a pyramid. I am not buying any from her if she decides to go through with it. At my age I will have to submit to medical and blood tests..as much as I would like to support her, I cant afford any more unnecessary bills. I have a policy through my work that is 3 times my annual salary (I think). If I were to die tomorrow my kids would be taken care of. They are beneficiaries on my life insurance, 401k, Annuity, stock, and equity in my house.

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:04 pm If she wants to sell life insurance, there are lots of other insurance companies that aren't pyramid schemes and are reputable companies. MLM insurance company --- never knew something like that existed. There should be a law against that.
The best way to help her is NOT to buy a policy and tell her you don't want to hear another thing about it
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She should get a legit job in insurance if she wants to sell insurance. If you are on Facebook, here’s a good group to join and she could get lots of info from people who have been in Primerica.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Soundsl ... ?ref=share
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Oh, yes. They've been around for decades. My DH and I went to one of their presentations way back when. We didn't want to sell it - we wanted to buy it. Never did find out how to buy it because they wanted us to be in their down-channel or whatever and sell it. Nope nope nope.
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We had a friend do that for a little while. He absolutely hated it. Just the atmosphere of the whole shtick. He now works for the local State Farm office and loves it.
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Diamepphyre wrote: ↑Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:12 pm
Oh, yes. They've been around for decades. My DH and I went to one of their presentations way back when. We didn't want to sell it - we wanted to buy it. Never did find out how to buy it because they wanted us to be in their down-channel or whatever and sell it. Nope nope nope.
Why did you want to buy it? There are much better options out there.
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

What is MLM?
Oliviasmom72 wrote: ↑Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:53 pm I know this is an MLM and my longtime BFF is about to get sucked into it.

She has worked for regular Corp America her whole life and she has decided she is fed up. She just left a job and is kinda figuring out what she wants.

She came over last weekend to see my puppy. Somehow the topic of life insurance came up and she said she needs to get a policy since she left her job. I told her I have a policy through my job and she mentioned I don't have near enough and I am thinking "Why in the world would you care"? sure enough she is in training for Primerica in which you are supposed to sell your friends and family life insurance.

UGH. I told her I am not buying anymore and she needs to research as like most MLM's they are probably lying to her.
Locked Previous topicNext topic