She acts offended

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:46 am How is she MAKING something special for me? Setting aside some boiled potatoes before she mashes them? But she always "forgets" so I bring my own and I don't mention it to her. I just sit there and say nothing about the damn potato and eat. If she seems offended that I bring my own potato, what will she act like if I bring a whole bag of baked potatoes for everyone?? So, no, that is NOT entitlement..that is trying to keep the damn peace.
jas wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:11 pm I don't have to eat everything served. I am not going to force myself to eat something that I know will make me gag. I don't like mashed potatoes. It's not HER mashed potatoes that I don't like, it's ANY mashed potatoes I don't like. And look up the definition of entitlement. That is not it. Or I have copy and pasted it for other posters. If "the older generation" gets offended over something like THIS, they are ridiculous and need to work on their feelings and actions. I think there are bigger issues in their world!!

Definition - special treatment. Her making something special for you. You bringing your own potato - not for everyone - but for yourself. Entitlement.
Keeping the damn peace is getting over yourself in having a damn potato. Seriously. This is over a F***ing potato. You're nuts. Peace out.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

No, MIL is insane to get offended that I bring a damn potato! That's crazy!!!
jas wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:48 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:46 am How is she MAKING something special for me? Setting aside some boiled potatoes before she mashes them? But she always "forgets" so I bring my own and I don't mention it to her. I just sit there and say nothing about the damn potato and eat. If she seems offended that I bring my own potato, what will she act like if I bring a whole bag of baked potatoes for everyone?? So, no, that is NOT entitlement..that is trying to keep the damn peace.
jas wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:43 am

Definition - special treatment. Her making something special for you. You bringing your own potato - not for everyone - but for yourself. Entitlement.
Keeping the damn peace is getting over yourself in having a damn potato. Seriously. This is over a F***ing potato. You're nuts. Peace out.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think you guys are just ALIKE, lol.

She's not a stellar host & you're not a stellar guest. A host should try to cater to all her guests. A guest should not arrive with her own food (barring life threatening allergies) suggesting that the host's effort & preparation was not adequate.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

This sure is a long thread arguing about potatoes lol. Hilarious!
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bubelah wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:30 pm
mater-three wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:42 pm I’m just laughing at you liking baked potatoes but not mashed. It’s essentially the same thing except you mash one up.
Funny you mention that. I love egg salad, but can't stand deviled eggs,which are basically deconstructed egg salad. I'm a weirdo!
No where did I say Op was wrong for it. I just think it’s funny. I also think this entire post has proven that this site is comparable to cafemom. For the record, I like deviled eggs but I cannot stand egg salad but I don’t think they taste the same. Egg salad is essentially pure mayo. We make deviled eggs with mustard at our house. I’m kind of picky myself. I don’t think OP’s situation is as tragic as she seems to be making it either. I’ve met drama queens before. I live with a 18-year-old expert in drama.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

So it's not just the potatoes you wouldn't eat any of her good and you wonder why its considered rude? Its just food!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:47 am I did something similar for many years...just tried to eat what I didn't like or eat nothing at all. I don't want to do that anymore and I haven't been. I am allowed to eat and bring what I want. It's just f*cking food.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:54 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:36 pm just like a vegetarian would like to have a hamburger or some other dish but they can't have meat, I would like to have some type of potato for Thanksgiving. It's just food! Who cares!

I'm a vegetarian and before I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy I would just eat the sides or if I really wanted a hamburger I'd just pile everything on the bun besides the meat and eat that. I never brought my own or asked for special accommodations. I would take my own to my parents but I know they didn't care one bit. Things are very casual with them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I never said it was tragic! lol! I said it's ridiculous that she acts offended over me bringing a damn potato!
mater-three wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:49 am
Bubelah wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:30 pm
mater-three wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:42 pm I’m just laughing at you liking baked potatoes but not mashed. It’s essentially the same thing except you mash one up.
Funny you mention that. I love egg salad, but can't stand deviled eggs,which are basically deconstructed egg salad. I'm a weirdo!
No where did I say Op was wrong for it. I just think it’s funny. I also think this entire post has proven that this site is comparable to cafemom. For the record, I like deviled eggs but I cannot stand egg salad but I don’t think they taste the same. Egg salad is essentially pure mayo. We make deviled eggs with mustard at our house. I’m kind of picky myself. I don’t think OP’s situation is as tragic as she seems to be making it either. I’ve met drama queens before. I live with a 18-year-old expert in drama.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

There are items I like at Thanksgiving but not at other meals she cooks for other times.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:59 am So it's not just the potatoes you wouldn't eat any of her good and you wonder why its considered rude? Its just food!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:47 am I did something similar for many years...just tried to eat what I didn't like or eat nothing at all. I don't want to do that anymore and I haven't been. I am allowed to eat and bring what I want. It's just f*cking food.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:54 am

I'm a vegetarian and before I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy I would just eat the sides or if I really wanted a hamburger I'd just pile everything on the bun besides the meat and eat that. I never brought my own or asked for special accommodations. I would take my own to my parents but I know they didn't care one bit. Things are very casual with them.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Nope I am not like her because I would never get offended if someone brought a potato to my house! lol!
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:20 am I think you guys are just ALIKE, lol.

She's not a stellar host & you're not a stellar guest. A host should try to cater to all her guests. A guest should not arrive with her own food (barring life threatening allergies) suggesting that the host's effort & preparation was not adequate.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm beginning to see the problem here and it's not her. Maybe you should just stay home? I mean it's just food who cares if its served for Thanksgiving or at other times it's still the same food. I'd be offended by you too!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:01 am There are items I like at Thanksgiving but not at other meals she cooks for other times.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:59 am So it's not just the potatoes you wouldn't eat any of her good and you wonder why its considered rude? Its just food!

Locked Previous topicNext topic