She acts offended

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

sheramom4 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:13 pm
Valentina327 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:14 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:02 pm Why is that hilarious that grandma would not invite someone again if they brought something? And why is it hilarious that great grandma would throw someone out of the house for bringing something? Sounds like abuse! Wtf?

It's funny because they're tough old broads. You don't mess with grandma! LOL

If someone doesn't appreciate all of that work you're going through, they don't need to be there. Why would you have someone in your home that's unappreciative?

Abuse ... You have to be joking with that.
People don't get it. I loved my grandma and she was the same way. She is also the woman who circa 1993 made me go change my shoes because I entered her house in combat boots believing I was some out there grunge girl. All 4'9" of her CHASED me out of the house. There were guests and I would come dressed appropriately or not at all. Then that same woman chuckled hysterically a few years later when I got my tongue pierced and said she should do it.
So cute! Those are some fun things to look back on. :)
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Rosehawk
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:12 pm JFC......LMAOOOO[
Maybe she's offended that you bring your own potato. Ask her for a potato or just grab one, wash it then pop it in the microwave. Would that work?

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:07 pm If you don't want to read all of the pages (I don't blame you!), the jist is that some people think it's rude of me to bring a baked potato. Some agree that it's no big deal and that MIL should not act offended by it.
Sassy762 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 pm I know I've missed something.....big, lol
11 pages of replies over a damn potato, LMAOOOOOOOOO
No, the "right" answer here is: You're absolutely right! Your MIL of 26 years is insane for being offended you bring your own baked potato to Thanksgiving Dinner because you're the only one of the gathering that doesn't like mashed potatoes. You're also right that it's no big deal and almost everyone on this thread is an uptight asshole.

Seriously though, OP is pitching a fit that MIL is offended because she bakes and brings her own baked potato to dinner. When others have tried to explain WHY MIL might be offended, she blows us off and responds with "I should have a potato at dinner too! Who cares!!??!" or similar.
I used to be a people person
Then people ruined it
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LMAOOOOOO, this is insane.
**Im just going to go and watch my sappy hallmark xmas movies**
Rosehawk wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:21 pm
Maybe she's offended that you bring your own potato. Ask her for a potato or just grab one, wash it then pop it in the microwave. Would that work?

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:07 pm If you don't want to read all of the pages (I don't blame you!), the jist is that some people think it's rude of me to bring a baked potato. Some agree that it's no big deal and that MIL should not act offended by it.

No, the "right" answer here is: You're absolutely right! Your MIL of 26 years is insane for being offended you bring your own baked potato to Thanksgiving Dinner because you're the only one of the gathering that doesn't like mashed potatoes. You're also right that it's no big deal and almost everyone on this thread is an uptight asshole.

Seriously though, OP is pitching a fit that MIL is offended because she bakes and brings her own baked potato to dinner. When others have tried to explain WHY MIL might be offended, she blows us off and responds with "I should have a potato at dinner too! Who cares!!??!" or similar.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

How do you not like mashed potatoes?
I shit glitter
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:36 pm just like a vegetarian would like to have a hamburger or some other dish but they can't have meat, I would like to have some type of potato for Thanksgiving. It's just food! Who cares!
Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:18 pm Honestly, it's one meal. Can't you just skip the potato that day?
I'm a vegetarian and before I was diagnosed with a wheat allergy I would just eat the sides or if I really wanted a hamburger I'd just pile everything on the bun besides the meat and eat that. I never brought my own or asked for special accommodations. I would take my own to my parents but I know they didn't care one bit. Things are very casual with them.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I dont understand why you have to have something different or special. Eat or dont eat what is made , it's you that's making a big deal out of nothing.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:06 pm Karma WILL get you for saying that. That was unnecessary.
That'swhatshesaid wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:10 pm Right! Because being too sensitive means that I can’t eat mashed potatoes! And when you have been abused by family members your whole life, yeah that can make you a little more sensitive to things. My dad ruined every single holiday with his rants and throwing dishes and punching holes in walls and screaming on top of his lungs every cuss word imaginable etc etc. So sorry if imagining an old lady throwing someone out for bringing a dish is not funny. So think outside the box and maybe think that “little old feisty broads” can actually be big abusive narcissists that love to ruin holidays.

F***ing waaahhh!
Lol I've been through so much shit in my life and survived it. I'm not really worried about some random troll on the internet wishing me bad karma. Enjoy your precious baked potato.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yeah, and I have too. I have been through things most of you couldn't imagine. So if you have been through a lot too, it's surprising to me that you could write F*cking waahhh about any type of abuse. That's pretty awful. But yeah, I don't care about what any of you have to say, but I would never say f*cking waaahh to anyone that experienced abuse.
That'swhatshesaid wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:13 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:06 pm Karma WILL get you for saying that. That was unnecessary.
That'swhatshesaid wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:28 pm

F***ing waaahhh!
Lol I've been through so much shit in my life and survived it. I'm not really worried about some random troll on the internet wishing me bad karma. Enjoy your precious baked potato.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I am just bringing my own potato...how is that making a big deal of it? MIL seems to be offended by that so she is the one making a big deal of it. I just want to sit down and eat...not sure why it matters what I am eating.
Anonymous 10 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:14 am I dont understand why you have to have something different or special. Eat or dont eat what is made , it's you that's making a big deal out of nothing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

But that's my opinion, and everyone is allowed to have their own opinion. People have suggested a few things why she might be offended and those suggestions don't make sense to me. I don't see why it's a big deal.
Rosehawk wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:21 pm

Locked Previous topicNext topic