Do we have to feed him?

Anonymous 6

Unread post

https://momconfessions.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=10295
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:40 pm Here is what I responded to you on the first page....SIl lives 2 hours away. My nephew's dad (my brother) lives near my SIL. So my nephew lives near us so we are giving him a ride, but my brother has to work so he will pick him up from SIL at a later time. This seemed to bother SIL with her question "do we have to feed him?" so not really sure we even want to go to their house again, but like i said, i was going to do it so i can give my nephew a ride to see his dad.

Also, he is 16 and doesn't have his license yet. And my brother lives about 10-15 minutes from SIL. He will pick him up at SIL's after he gets off of work..he works in the food business and they are not closed for Thanksgiving.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:54 pm Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered.
How old is your nephew?
How far does your brother live from your SIL's house?
You mentioned that you were bringing your nephew along as a favor to your brother so your brother can see his son. Is there a reason that you aren't just taking your nephew to his dad's house?
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:22 am I don’t understand this notion of excluding people from holidays unless the person is like a criminal or sociopath. My ex-stepfather always comes to my house for Christmas, and he’s brought his best friend from high school with him before 😂.

We are going to see my grandmother for Thanksgiving, and she’s inviting everyone at her retirement home that’s alone for the holiday to join us.
This is the same with me. My ex step father is coming and I consider him my dad.
I even invited people who live in elderly housing that I don't know so they'd have somewhere to eat.
i want candy!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:09 am SIl lives 2 hours away. My nephew's dad (my brother) lives near my SIL. So my nephew lives near us so we are giving him a ride, but my brother has to work so he will pick him up from SIL at a later time. This seemed to bother SIL with her question "do we have to feed him?" so not really sure we even want to go to their house again, but like i said, i was going to do it so i can give my nephew a ride to see his dad.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:49 am If she was my SIL and she had given me a hard time about including the nephew at one gathering, I wouldn't even ask if I could bring him to another.

If your nephew is a minor that you have custody of and she won't allow his presence, I wouldn't attend. If he isn't a minor and you don't have custody of him and there's nothing wrong with his parents, I'd consider having him celebrate Thanksgiving with his parents.
So he is supposed to sit and watch everyone eat? What is wrong with this woman? I don't know that I'd want to be spending my holidays with someone like that.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I think SIL saying that was her passive aggressive way to let me know that she doesn't want to be told that we have our nephew with us....she wants to be asked if it's okay. I could have said "is that okay?" at the end of my sentence that he would be coming with us. But after she asked if we need to feed him, I said we will bring our leftovers and we did.
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:58 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:09 am SIl lives 2 hours away. My nephew's dad (my brother) lives near my SIL. So my nephew lives near us so we are giving him a ride, but my brother has to work so he will pick him up from SIL at a later time. This seemed to bother SIL with her question "do we have to feed him?" so not really sure we even want to go to their house again, but like i said, i was going to do it so i can give my nephew a ride to see his dad.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:49 am If she was my SIL and she had given me a hard time about including the nephew at one gathering, I wouldn't even ask if I could bring him to another.

If your nephew is a minor that you have custody of and she won't allow his presence, I wouldn't attend. If he isn't a minor and you don't have custody of him and there's nothing wrong with his parents, I'd consider having him celebrate Thanksgiving with his parents.
So he is supposed to sit and watch everyone eat? What is wrong with this woman? I don't know that I'd want to be spending my holidays with someone like that.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 am I think SIL saying that was her passive aggressive way to let me know that she doesn't want to be told that we have our nephew with us....she wants to be asked if it's okay. I could have said "is that okay?" at the end of my sentence that he would be coming with us. But after she asked if we need to feed him, I said we will bring our leftovers and we did.

Honestly, with her attitude, I would have serious doubts about going there for dinner. She sounds like a control freak.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yeah the older my kids get and the more drama SIL creates, I just don't really want to do this much longer. My kids can contact their cousins and see them when they get older if they want. I have put up with her BS all of these years for the kids.
That'swhatshesaid wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:19 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 am I think SIL saying that was her passive aggressive way to let me know that she doesn't want to be told that we have our nephew with us....she wants to be asked if it's okay. I could have said "is that okay?" at the end of my sentence that he would be coming with us. But after she asked if we need to feed him, I said we will bring our leftovers and we did.

Honestly, with her attitude, I would have serious doubts about going there for dinner. She sounds like a control freak.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LMAO
Iconic response, as my G-d daughter would say!
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Anonymous 7

Unread post

You're showing up with an extra person she's not related to - a teenage boy - and didn't even ask. I wouldn't like that either.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Why would that bother you?
Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:55 pm You're showing up with an extra person she's not related to - a teenage boy - and didn't even ask. I wouldn't like that either.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I probably wouldn't bother going.
Locked Previous topicNext topic