Do we have to feed him?

Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe she just needed a head count.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 pm god you have no idea how badly i wanted to say something like that!!!
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:16 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:20 am This is what SIL said when I told her that we would have my nephew with us for Christmas. I talked about this on CM before. Now we will have my nephew for Thanksgiving. What do I say to her? Do I ask if it's okay that we bring him?
Just say... No you dont because we have no intention of coming to a house to celebrate TG with heartless cheap bitch
If you prefer, I will be more than happy to call her and deliver the message 😂
You can also bring your entire famiy to my house as well minus the heartless bitch 😊
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:21 pm Aaaww thanks! What time should we arrive? Lol!!
OBXPrincess wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:15 pm Wow next time she is coming to your house for something that involves food as if you need to feed her and her family. Wtf is wrong with her!? You can come to my house for dinner! We are having 2 10-12 lbs turkeys plus all the fixins so we got plenty lol
Any time you want. Might even make breakfast lol
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:24 pm I didn't see that it would be a big deal. I could have added "would this be okay?". But I said we will have my nephew with us since my brother won't be home but then my brother will pick him up later. Never in my wildest dreams would I think she would say "do we have to feed him?" Dear God! So call me rude for not saying "would this be okay?" but she is definitely more rude!!!
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 pm You're both being rude. You should always ask before bringing along an additional person to someone else's home, child or not. She was rude in the way that she phrased her question.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 am Yeah it really bothered me that she said that. It was quite rude. Some people on CM said that I was the rude one for not asking first. Either way, he's just a kid and also, I could never say that to someone...even if I thought it (which I would not), I would not say it.

I disagree, you're being equally rude. When you're bringing along someone who was not invited the polite thing to say is "my brother lives near you and would like to see my nephew, would it be okay if I bring him along so my brother can pick him up after?"
She probably reacted like she did because she was turned off by your assumption, especially when you know from the past that this is something that bothers her.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

how do i know that this bothers her?? I know NOW but i didn't know then. and like i said i could have said is this okay but i didn't. i honestly didn't think having one extra kid would be a big deal where she says do we need to feed him.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:37 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:24 pm I didn't see that it would be a big deal. I could have added "would this be okay?". But I said we will have my nephew with us since my brother won't be home but then my brother will pick him up later. Never in my wildest dreams would I think she would say "do we have to feed him?" Dear God! So call me rude for not saying "would this be okay?" but she is definitely more rude!!!
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 pm You're both being rude. You should always ask before bringing along an additional person to someone else's home, child or not. She was rude in the way that she phrased her question.
I disagree, you're being equally rude. When you're bringing along someone who was not invited the polite thing to say is "my brother lives near you and would like to see my nephew, would it be okay if I bring him along so my brother can pick him up after?"
She probably reacted like she did because she was turned off by your assumption, especially when you know from the past that this is something that bothers her.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Okay! :)
OBXPrincess wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:33 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:21 pm Aaaww thanks! What time should we arrive? Lol!!
OBXPrincess wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:15 pm Wow next time she is coming to your house for something that involves food as if you need to feed her and her family. Wtf is wrong with her!? You can come to my house for dinner! We are having 2 10-12 lbs turkeys plus all the fixins so we got plenty lol
Any time you want. Might even make breakfast lol
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Thanks! This might be the last time we go to SIL's this year so we might come to your house next year! lol!
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:31 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 pm god you have no idea how badly i wanted to say something like that!!!
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:16 pm

Just say... No you dont because we have no intention of coming to a house to celebrate TG with heartless cheap bitch
If you prefer, I will be more than happy to call her and deliver the message 😂
You can also bring your entire famiy to my house as well minus the heartless bitch 😊
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Take original number of people coming and add 1. There was no need to say do we have to feed him. She was just being passive aggressive.
Shaken1976 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:28 pm Maybe she just needed a head count.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You should not have even offered to bring leftovers for you and him. But the next time she comes to your house make sure to ask, "Do we have to feed you?"
Anonymous 1

Unread post

She's just a b*tch and doesn't care how she comes off.
agander2017 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:26 pm She's a moron... who asks a question like that?!
Locked Previous topicNext topic