Do we have to feed him?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

No, no relation. SIL is my husband's brother's wife. My nephew is my brother's son. My brother only has to work part of the day so he will be able to see his son later that day. It is my nephew's custody time to see his dad. We are doing my brother a favor so he can see his son.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:10 pm Isn't SIL also the aunt of this nephew? If so, I don't understand why she would exclude him or act like him eating there is an imposition on her.

If you're going to drive 2 hours away mainly for this boy to see his father but his father must work, I'd skip this trip entirely and I'd take this nephew to see his father some other time.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:09 am SIl lives 2 hours away. My nephew's dad (my brother) lives near my SIL. So my nephew lives near us so we are giving him a ride, but my brother has to work so he will pick him up from SIL at a later time. This seemed to bother SIL with her question "do we have to feed him?" so not really sure we even want to go to their house again, but like i said, i was going to do it so i can give my nephew a ride to see his dad.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:49 am If she was my SIL and she had given me a hard time about including the nephew at one gathering, I wouldn't even ask if I could bring him to another.

If your nephew is a minor that you have custody of and she won't allow his presence, I wouldn't attend. If he isn't a minor and you don't have custody of him and there's nothing wrong with his parents, I'd consider having him celebrate Thanksgiving with his parents.
Beachbrat
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Wow next time she is coming to your house for something that involves food as if you need to feed her and her family. Wtf is wrong with her!? You can come to my house for dinner! We are having 2 10-12 lbs turkeys plus all the fixins so we got plenty lol
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:20 am This is what SIL said when I told her that we would have my nephew with us for Christmas. I talked about this on CM before. Now we will have my nephew for Thanksgiving. What do I say to her? Do I ask if it's okay that we bring him?
Just say... No you dont because we have no intention of coming to a house to celebrate TG with heartless cheap bitch
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You're both being rude. You should always ask before bringing along an additional person to someone else's home, child or not. She was rude in the way that she phrased her question.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 am Yeah it really bothered me that she said that. It was quite rude. Some people on CM said that I was the rude one for not asking first. Either way, he's just a kid and also, I could never say that to someone...even if I thought it (which I would not), I would not say it.
mojogirl wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:20 am This is what SIL said when I told her that we would have my nephew with us for Christmas. I talked about this on CM before. Now we will have my nephew for Thanksgiving. What do I say to her? Do I ask if it's okay that we bring him?
I'd probably refrain altogether with going to her house.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

god you have no idea how badly i wanted to say something like that!!!
Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:16 pm
Just say... No you dont because we have no intention of coming to a house to celebrate TG with heartless cheap bitch
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Aaaww thanks! What time should we arrive? Lol!!
OBXPrincess wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:15 pm Wow next time she is coming to your house for something that involves food as if you need to feed her and her family. Wtf is wrong with her!? You can come to my house for dinner! We are having 2 10-12 lbs turkeys plus all the fixins so we got plenty lol
Deleted User 1393

Unread post

Sarcasm would be my goto response. Something like "if you are short on food the nephew can eat my share".
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I didn't see that it would be a big deal. I could have added "would this be okay?". But I said we will have my nephew with us since my brother won't be home but then my brother will pick him up later. Never in my wildest dreams would I think she would say "do we have to feed him?" Dear God! So call me rude for not saying "would this be okay?" but she is definitely more rude!!!
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:20 pm You're both being rude. You should always ask before bringing along an additional person to someone else's home, child or not. She was rude in the way that she phrased her question.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:10 am Yeah it really bothered me that she said that. It was quite rude. Some people on CM said that I was the rude one for not asking first. Either way, he's just a kid and also, I could never say that to someone...even if I thought it (which I would not), I would not say it.
mojogirl wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 am

I'd probably refrain altogether with going to her house.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Yeah, I ended up saying we will bring our leftovers but I wish I would have said your sentence.
iamanon wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:22 pm Sarcasm would be my goto response. Something like "if you are short on food the nephew can eat my share".
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

She's a moron... who asks a question like that?!

Locked Previous topicNext topic