Do we have to feed him?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Since we have to give my nephew a ride to see his dad and drive the 2 hours, that's why we are still going to SIL's house. I wish we weren't though.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:59 pm I probably wouldn't bother going.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:54 pm Why would that bother you?
Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:55 pm You're showing up with an extra person she's not related to - a teenage boy - and didn't even ask. I wouldn't like that either.

Because you don't just invite people to someone else's house for Thanksgiving. You just don't. You ask.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I go to my cousin's every year for Thanksgiving. I would never tell her that I'm bringing someone unknown to her. If I absolutely had to bring someone with me, I'd ask, not tell. You telling her instead asking her may have been what caused her to be snotty with you.
Anonymous 7 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:55 pm You're showing up with an extra person she's not related to - a teenage boy - and didn't even ask. I wouldn't like that either.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:04 pm Since we have to give my nephew a ride to see his dad and drive the 2 hours, that's why we are still going to SIL's house. I wish we weren't though.
xsxpxixdxexrxsx wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:59 pm I probably wouldn't bother going.
You don't have to give him a ride and you don't have to go to SIL's, both of those are choices, so you should have asked if it was okay and made decisions accordingly.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I truly didn't think it would be an issue but now I know that it was. It would never be an issue for me if SIL brought her nephew and I would never have acted rude about it like she did.
Olioxenfree wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:55 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:04 pm Since we have to give my nephew a ride to see his dad and drive the 2 hours, that's why we are still going to SIL's house. I wish we weren't though.
You don't have to give him a ride and you don't have to go to SIL's, both of those are choices, so you should have asked if it was okay and made decisions accordingly.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I never knew it would be an issue but now I know that it was. Since I would not have an issue with a family member bringing their kid niece or nephew with them because of needing to give them a ride or because they didn't have anywhere else to go, etc, I didn't think she would be snotty about it. But obviously I was wrong about that. The only thing I could have done differently is put at the end of my sentence "is that okay?" I think she still would have been snotty about it.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:30 pm I go to my cousin's every year for Thanksgiving. I would never tell her that I'm bringing someone unknown to her. If I absolutely had to bring someone with me, I'd ask, not tell. You telling her instead asking her may have been what caused her to be snotty with you.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

You'll never know how she may have reacted if you had asked instead of told. But that's already in the past.

You should just plan to make your own Thanksgiving dinner at your home. Then, if you'd like, take a road trip for your nephew to see his father. There's really no reason for you to even stop at SIL's house.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:07 am I never knew it would be an issue but now I know that it was. Since I would not have an issue with a family member bringing their kid niece or nephew with them because of needing to give them a ride or because they didn't have anywhere else to go, etc, I didn't think she would be snotty about it. But obviously I was wrong about that. The only thing I could have done differently is put at the end of my sentence "is that okay?" I think she still would have been snotty about it.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:30 pm I go to my cousin's every year for Thanksgiving. I would never tell her that I'm bringing someone unknown to her. If I absolutely had to bring someone with me, I'd ask, not tell. You telling her instead asking her may have been what caused her to be snotty with you.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

The reason to stop at SIL's is because we were invited and my kids want to see their cousins. If it was solely my choice, yes, I would stay home. But since we have to give my nephew another ride to see his dad, I will do it again.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:14 am You'll never know how she may have reacted if you had asked instead of told. But that's already in the past.

You should just plan to make your own Thanksgiving dinner at your home. Then, if you'd like, take a road trip for your nephew to see his father. There's really no reason for you to even stop at SIL's house.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:07 am I never knew it would be an issue but now I know that it was. Since I would not have an issue with a family member bringing their kid niece or nephew with them because of needing to give them a ride or because they didn't have anywhere else to go, etc, I didn't think she would be snotty about it. But obviously I was wrong about that. The only thing I could have done differently is put at the end of my sentence "is that okay?" I think she still would have been snotty about it.

Anonymous 2

Unread post

I'm sure it will all work out and you'll all have a nice Thanksgiving. Enjoy!
Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:55 am The reason to stop at SIL's is because we were invited and my kids want to see their cousins. If it was solely my choice, yes, I would stay home. But since we have to give my nephew another ride to see his dad, I will do it again.
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:14 am You'll never know how she may have reacted if you had asked instead of told. But that's already in the past.

Locked Previous topicNext topic