What are you cooking for Thanksgiving?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

californiagirl83 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:58 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:48 am
californiagirl83 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:10 am I think we'll be contributing dessert. Dh found a cheesecake baked in pumpkins that looks amazing!
Really, that does sound good. I googled and couldnt find anything close to what you described other than pumpkin cheesecake but nothing baked in an actual pumpkin.
But my googling skills arent stellar. Can you share the link?
https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-i ... lflowFBDEL
Thank you!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:20 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:57 am My sister and I are responsible for the turkey and my husband is making cranberry sauce and a salad with apples and figs. My kids are making onigiri. My parents are making sriracha deviled eggs, kabocha korokke, persimmons in tofu sauce, and spinach gomaai. My grandfather is making a sushi platter . My grandmother is making eggplant oyaki. My cousin's family is bringing the dessert, chocolate hazelnut crepes. My grandparents are also making cookies with my kids to go bring to police and fire stations after dinner.
I dont know what most of those dishes are but have a great TG.
Onigiri are stuffed rice balls, kabocha korokke are like squash hashbrowns, persimmons are a fruit, spinach gomaae is spinach with a sesame miso sauce, and oyaki are like dumplings.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:14 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:20 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:57 am My sister and I are responsible for the turkey and my husband is making cranberry sauce and a salad with apples and figs. My kids are making onigiri. My parents are making sriracha deviled eggs, kabocha korokke, persimmons in tofu sauce, and spinach gomaai. My grandfather is making a sushi platter . My grandmother is making eggplant oyaki. My cousin's family is bringing the dessert, chocolate hazelnut crepes. My grandparents are also making cookies with my kids to go bring to police and fire stations after dinner.
I dont know what most of those dishes are but have a great TG.
Onigiri are stuffed rice balls, kabocha korokke are like squash hashbrowns, persimmons are a fruit, spinach gomaae is spinach with a sesame miso sauce, and oyaki are like dumplings.
Thank you for explaining
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My mom ordered the ham. I'm making roasted Parmesan green beans, mashed potatoes and sweet Hawaiian rolls. Probably making pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

mrsjules79 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:34 pm My mom ordered the ham. I'm making roasted Parmesan green beans, mashed potatoes and sweet Hawaiian rolls. Probably making pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.
Did she order the ham from the Honey Baked Ham company?
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:54 am
Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:13 am Dh cooks all holiday meals, the only thing I will make is the stuffing. And really that's just getting it made & in the fridge for dh to stuff the Turkey with.

We will have, Turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy,stuffing, corn on the cob ( we grill, take off the cob & freeze), broccoli & cheese, & biscuits.
Thats great, my dh would run screaming out of the house if I suggested that he cook a meal other than grilling or bbqing.
The grilled corn is an interesting twist, I may use this.
Thankfully my dh cooks all the time. He is in the kitchen making bbq hamburgers,(old style where they are baked in a homemade bbq sauce). We will eat what we can & then he will vacuum seal them in packages of 2 & freeze.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

We order catering.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Don’t have the menu decided yet. This is our first Thanksgiving without my mom, and she normally cooked almost everything. I always make the green bean casserole, so I’ll make that again this year, and I volunteered my DH to make the cornbread dressing. That’s all I know right now.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We to to FL to my mom's and inlaws'. My mom and MIL do the majority of it, but my SIL and I contribute. I make mac n cheese, cranberry sauce, cheesecake and pecan pie cobbler.. Dh and I are in charge of brining the turkey for frying. My SIL makes collards and the moms do the rest. Dh, BIL and FIL stand around the fryer and talk while it fries. LOL
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Turkey, dressing, candied yams, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, cherry cheesecake, and sweet potato pie.
Locked Previous topicNext topic