Do you guys remember the big argument about sharing Netflix accounts on CM

Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lol.....I have no idea, Netflix will have to figure that out.
Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:40 pm
Sassy762 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:19 pm I just skimmed over it... After reading the article it looks like they are going to "requiring customers to change their passwords periodically or texting codes to subscribers’ phones that they would need to enter to keep watching", first them implement the fingerprint. They should just go ahead with the fingerprint plan because its easy to call or text the actual account owner to get the password or text for the code.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:05 pm

I know this but they are now saying it's for households only. So if one of those accounts are shared with a different household it's an issue. If you read the article they are starting to play around with fingerprint id

How will that work if you watch Netflix on your TV or use a blu ray player? My Mom's cable provider has an app on their channel guide you can launch but she does not have a cell phone, a smart TV or computer.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:33 pm
mojogirl wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:22 pm Netflix < Hulu
If Netflix does it. All of them will do it
Oh, I don't care about that. I pay for my own service and no devices outside my home use them. Just making a statement ;)
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:57 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:53 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:49 pm

You aren't boating for multiple accounts. You are paying for multiple profiles. Not the same thing. They don't care about sharing with your household. They care about sharing with people outside of your household
We are still paying extra.
For profiles to be used in your household. Not others. What I'm questioning is I know you have a kid away at college and so does Mrs.David and I do too. So how would that work
Right. I have 2 sons who do not live in my house anymore but still use the netflix accounts as part of the 5 screens I pay for. I don't know why that is wrong.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It’s my account and I go between kids homes, as long as I’m paying I will use where I want, and if the kids to do- oh well.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:31 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:57 pm
pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:53 pm

We are still paying extra.
For profiles to be used in your household. Not others. What I'm questioning is I know you have a kid away at college and so does Mrs.David and I do too. So how would that work
Right. I have 2 sons who do not live in my house anymore but still use the netflix accounts as part of the 5 screens I pay for. I don't know why that is wrong.
It shouldn"t be. Maybe that's where the text messaging or thumbprint comes in to play
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:58 pm
bmw29 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:31 pm https://www.howtogeek.com/413360/why-ne ... r-account/

And yet according to this article they were quoted as saying they don't care. I don't give a shit either way because I just pay for all of my own accounts but I did let my dad use my account for a few months and he ended up subscribing so I think sometimes account sharing could bring them new business.
That article is old......
It's from May 2019 so it's not that old. LOL
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:18 pm I do wonder if Netflix is freaking out because Apple tv just did something big last week. Plus Disney+ is set to release this up coming week. So they are freaking out about the competition? Just yesterday Verizon sent me a text offering me a year of free Disney+ on them. Because of being on an unlimited plan.
I'm also unlimited and never got a text. I don't really want Disney but I'm a little annoyed they haven't offered. LOL
wildflowers25
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I thought about that argument when I saw that article pop up.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:36 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:58 pm
bmw29 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:31 pm https://www.howtogeek.com/413360/why-ne ... r-account/

And yet according to this article they were quoted as saying they don't care. I don't give a shit either way because I just pay for all of my own accounts but I did let my dad use my account for a few months and he ended up subscribing so I think sometimes account sharing could bring them new business.
That article is old......
It's from May 2019 so it's not that old. LOL
It when your article is 7 months old and the new article is a day old....
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:39 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:18 pm I do wonder if Netflix is freaking out because Apple tv just did something big last week. Plus Disney+ is set to release this up coming week. So they are freaking out about the competition? Just yesterday Verizon sent me a text offering me a year of free Disney+ on them. Because of being on an unlimited plan.
I'm also unlimited and never got a text. I don't really want Disney but I'm a little annoyed they haven't offered. LOL
Hrmm no idea why you didn't get it. I don't want Disney+ plus. But tempted to get it if Verizon will pay for it for the year. LOL
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Locked Previous topicNext topic