Pneumonia and Christmas

agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So, my SIL posted last night that her 3 year old has pneumonia. She's still planning on bringing him to Christmas at my husband's Aunt's house. I did some research, because I wasn't sure. Turns out some types of pneumonia are contagious. This is a problem. My parent's are here visiting, and my mom is diabetic. People that are diabetic are more at risk of catching the germs and developing pneumonia. I also don't want her son coughing on my son and Monkey getting sick. To me it's just not worth it. My husband thinks we will all be find, but I'm not so sure. My husband, son and I just got over the stomach flu, and colds a week ago. Should we go, or just stay home and see them next year? She just found out he had pneumonia last night. He'll be on antibiotics for 10 days. I know nothing about the virus, so any ideas from people that have been through it would be helpful. Thanks!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I think people need to stop being so scared of germs.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Oh my goodness! You are right! Thank you for putting that into perspective. Maybe I should seek therapy for my issues. :roll:

I'm sorry if I don't want my 2 year old, and my mom to get sick. I'm not afraid of germs, but the odds are against my mom. My son is finally feeling better after a terrible couple of weeks of stomach flu, and then a cold. Excuse me for not wanting him to get sick again so soon.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:45 am I think people need to stop being so scared of germs.

AllofFive19
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Your son should be fine if it's bacterial, but if it's viral he may still catch it, especially where he's just getting over being sick. Does Mom know he has pneumonia?
“Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” – Will Rogers
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

I would not have concerns other than that the poor kid will likely be miserable.

I think you are overreacting. People with pneumonia don’t need to be quarantined and diabetes doesn’t make a person medically fragile. Your mom isn’t an immunized chemo patient.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:52 am Oh my goodness! You are right! Thank you for putting that into perspective. Maybe I should seek therapy for my issues. :roll:

I'm sorry if I don't want my 2 year old, and my mom to get sick. I'm not afraid of germs, but the odds are against my mom. My son is finally feeling better after a terrible couple of weeks of stomach flu, and then a cold. Excuse me for not wanting him to get sick again so soon.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:45 am I think people need to stop being so scared of germs.
Huh, a 11 word sentence offended you that much. Hilarious!!!!
CandTmom
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm not weird about germs though. You and your family are around people all the time with illnesses unless you never go out in public.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

agander2017 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:52 am Oh my goodness! You are right! Thank you for putting that into perspective. Maybe I should seek therapy for my issues. :roll:

You're good!
Attachments
Drama Queen.jpg
Drama Queen.jpg (17.17 KiB) Viewed 230 times
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I think you are overreacting. Honestly I am more concerned about that poor kid being miserable, and uncomfortable than you or your family getting sick.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Just don't let him lick you. :)

If your mother has left the house and gone in public, she's encountered worse. Have you been out Christmas shopping with the hordes of people? You've encountered worse also. You have the advantage of knowing this kid is sick. You leave the house, you don't know what's being coughed on you in a crowd.

I'm just curious what diabetes has to do with getting sick? Her getting an infected foot would be an issue, but none of my diabetic relatives have ever been scared of a cold or flu. Does she have a secondary cardiac diagnosis?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic